[SOLVED] Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 rev.1.0 hardware advice

Skevare

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
Hello forum,

I have plans to upgrade some pc parts in one of my builds.

However i am a bit unsure regarging hardware parts. It´s quite an old build this one.

Motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 (rev.1.0)
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 250 Series 2gb Sapphire
RAM: Corsair Vengence 2 x 2 GB
Hdd: Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

For now, i am going to keep the mobo.
I was planning of either upgrading to something like this:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or Asus - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Phoenix OC Video Card.
CPU: AMD - A10-6800K 4.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor, am i able to get CPU newer then this by any chance?

PSU: Corsair - CX (2017) 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
RAM: G.Skill - Ares Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Windows 10.

Would this build work do you guys think?

If some part should be switched, please do tell! :)

Thank you in advance

Solution
You can use whatever graphics card you want. The VRAM has nothing to do with system RAM. Getting a new GPU is a safe upgrade since you can carry it over to a new system.

4GB of RAM isn't going to cut it. No. Like I said, explore the E-Waste Recycling center option if you can. Or else, the used market.

What CPU do you currently have?

Country?
Budget for these upgrades?
Don't waste your money on such an antiquated CPU.
Also, systems now use DDR4, so I'd caution about buying DDR3 RAM. You could try going to an E-Waste recycling center for cheap DDR3 ($20/8GB) but that's ONLY if you insist on keeping your current mobo.

Skevare

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
Okay, thanks for your reply.

I am going to buy a better mobo eventually, i just need to take that the last.
If i have understood this right, it should be able to use a GDDR5 in a DDR3 mobo.
Or am i wrong?

Am i able to use any newer CPU for this mobo? Otherwise i will of course have to re-think this it seems like.

I only have 2 x 2 GB ram, which is absolutely unacceptable haha.

You can use whatever graphics card you want. The VRAM has nothing to do with system RAM. Getting a new GPU is a safe upgrade since you can carry it over to a new system.

4GB of RAM isn't going to cut it. No. Like I said, explore the E-Waste Recycling center option if you can. Or else, the used market.

What CPU do you currently have?

Country?
Budget for these upgrades?

Solution