Gigabyte gtx 1070 OC questions

R3DDz

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Hello guys. I know almost nothing about overclocking so I'm gonna ask some "dumb?" questions.
Please take a look at the screenshots.
1. How far can I safely push the GPU clock?
2. How far can I safely push the Memory clock?
3. How far can I safely push the GPU voltage?
4. What happens if I click apply?(check "after" screenshot) How will it affect my GPU? How bad will it damage it?
I mean the GPU has 8 GDDR5 and a boost frequency of 1822 MHz and if I max those thingies it looks like they'll somehow jump to 12 and 2696 MHz, but I suppose it will damage the GPU.
■ Before
VasHhTY.jpg
■ After
UqcNs13.jpg

Thanks.

Solution
i'm not experienced with the 1070 very much. but it seems like you have added 911Mhz on the GPU Core clock which puts it at 2.5ghz. no way a 1070 can operate at that high speeds it most likely will crash underload. there is no telling on how far you can push your memory or core clock until you try out for your self as for voltages leave them at stock at first Power limit is fine to max out.
1st. Max the power limit
2nd. keep going by 100 Mhz on both Core and Mem clocks while running a test (Example: Heaven Benchmark/Valley Benchmark) until you hit your preferred temperatures better stay under 85c until your card crashes (completely fine) or Artifacts start to be visible while testing. if so then start lowering 50Mhz on Mem or Core or...

Aladdad

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
i'm not experienced with the 1070 very much. but it seems like you have added 911Mhz on the GPU Core clock which puts it at 2.5ghz. no way a 1070 can operate at that high speeds it most likely will crash underload. there is no telling on how far you can push your memory or core clock until you try out for your self as for voltages leave them at stock at first Power limit is fine to max out.
1st. Max the power limit
2nd. keep going by 100 Mhz on both Core and Mem clocks while running a test (Example: Heaven Benchmark/Valley Benchmark) until you hit your preferred temperatures better stay under 85c until your card crashes (completely fine) or Artifacts start to be visible while testing. if so then start lowering 50Mhz on Mem or Core or both until you no longer get crashing or artifacts
3rd. if crashing persist try increase your Voltage by 10mV and see if the crashing stops if not then just back to lowers clocks.

Solution