[SOLVED] Gigabyte H110M-H not working on both Memory Slots

Feb 20, 2020
Intel Core i7-6700 (6th gen) 3.4Ghz
(2x) 8 GB Ram RAM HyperX Fury - DDR4 - 8GB - 2133MHz
Gigabyte Nvidia Ge-Force GTX 1050ti
Hard Drive 1TB
PCi-e TP-Link Wireless
Power Supply Acteck 700w

I just purchased this H110M-H board to replace a Gaming B8 that started to give trouble cycling in an infinite on and off before Boot, and it was the best adaptation to my Core i7 6700 3.6 Ghz 6th processor, but I have a problem with the H110, it only Boot with one of my 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 CL14 DIMM 1Rx8 HyperX FURY Black memories when I install the second in a Slot2, I get 4 beeps,
I tested with all memories in slot 1A and performed alone. but when I put the second one I have 4 beeps error.
Is it a compatibility issue? or of the MB?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I have no idea what FRU is supposed to mean, but the first problem is that you are assuming that if the memory has the same model or part number, that it means they are compatible, and it doesn't. Not even close.

If EVERY SINGLE stick of memory you are installing in any given motherboard, whether that is two, four, six or eight sticks, did not ALL come together in ONE box or blister pack, then there is no guarantee they will work together AND more importantly, they could not have been tested and verified as being compatible. Two memory modules off the exact same production run and assembly line, can OFTEN not work together properly. Even more often though, memory that uses the same part number but was produced at different times may...
Honestly, your first item of concern should be that power supply, which is pure rubbish, and could likely have been the entire problem with your previous motherboard AND this one. But if that memory didn't come together, and considering it is a lower end motherboard and chipset, it wouldn't be too surprising if the memory didn't come together that it is a compatibility issue which is causing those DIMMs to not play nice together.

Feb 20, 2020
Fyi The MB is recently purchased on Monday Feb 17th 2020 on MercadoLibre as new and good ratings seller. i recibed them in a packet box with original accesories.
all my 4 DIMMs Fury HyperX DDR4 was purchased 2 years ago with a FRU to ensure to get the same modules in a single purchased.. i get 2 packets with two of them. i already check the FRU of them and are exactly all. Model in the Stickers: HX421C14FB2/8
Notice that all DIMMs was purchased to use in B8 Gaming and i get good performance till the day stars to cycle on a boot loop. even with out the DIMMs, obtaining 5 long beeps

I Already change and Tested both Motherboard with a CX750M Corsair Power Supply 750w and a Cool Master 500w Same Problem

for mor information of the B8 Gaming i open this Question:

I have no idea what FRU is supposed to mean, but the first problem is that you are assuming that if the memory has the same model or part number, that it means they are compatible, and it doesn't. Not even close.

If EVERY SINGLE stick of memory you are installing in any given motherboard, whether that is two, four, six or eight sticks, did not ALL come together in ONE box or blister pack, then there is no guarantee they will work together AND more importantly, they could not have been tested and verified as being compatible. Two memory modules off the exact same production run and assembly line, can OFTEN not work together properly. Even more often though, memory that uses the same part number but was produced at different times may not even use the same components to built the memory module with. They could have different IC's, different ranks, different number of rows.

Same model or part number means NOTHING most of the time. Sure, memory with the same model can work together if not bought together, but they can just as easily NOT work together too.

If you are using one stick from one of the packages you bought, and one stick from the other package you bought, because as you say you have FOUR DIMMs that came two in each package, then that means there are at least two combinations that might not work with each other.

Make sure you have the MOST recent BIOS version installed, for the motherboard, before you waste any more time trying to figure this out.

Reactions: 3DMGZ
Solution