News Gigabyte Leak Reveals Zen 3 Threadripper CPUs Codenamed 'Chagall'

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
Some days I wonder if I'm the only person that wants the PCIe lanes, but not the high core count.

I would love to have a successor to the 1900X that was current IPC and more than 30 lanes from the processor.

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
Some days I wonder if I'm the only person that wants the PCIe lanes, but not the high core count.

I would love to have a successor to the 1900X that was current IPC and more than 30 lanes from the processor.
24 for Ryzen does seem a little stingy. Maybe there'll be more with the change to AM5?

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
24 for Ryzen does seem a little stingy. Maybe there'll be more with the change to AM5?
Rumours seemed to indicate 28 lanes, including chipset lanes, for AM5 socket.

24 lanes are at least better than the 20 lanes of the mobile APU. Or even less, if the laptop's designers are wasteful.

All Threadrippers do already give oodles of PCIe lanes, though.

As of AVX-512..How much of AVX-512? At what IPC too? When are these coming to Ryzen? AMD seemed to be doing a much better job keeping their engineering samples under control.

bkdc

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2013

Not alone! x99 served well this segment in its days.

A high frequency/great ST perf, "low" core count (not last gen) option with a decent amount of PCIe lanes would be great; 5900x/5950x would do great in TR form.

DonQuixoteIII

Commendable
Aug 16, 2021
Rumors are like... I don't believe rumors. I will believe that there is a Zen 3 Threadripper when I can buy it. So far, there is no BIOS for it, so the buying bit is some ways off.

I still claim that AMD just can't make the 7nm node perform well enough to even fill the back orders of their higher end EPYC CPUs, and until that works there will be no threadrippers. You are not going to strangle your biggest cash cow for a cash calf, are you.

TRENDING THREADS