[SOLVED] Gigabyte ON/OFF Charging compatible with USB adapter?

Jul 14, 2020
Hello, I have the ga-x58a-ud5 (rev 1), I am wondering if I can use the specified ON/OFF USB 2.0 white and red header on the motherboard with a USB 3.0 20-pin header male to USB 2.0 9-pin female adapter on it as I have unoccupied USB ports. (not trying to charge stuff btw, plugging in stuff like peripherals and USB drives)

Since my case's USB 2.0 header broke, I have to resort to the adapter in which connects the case's USB 3 port to the adapter and to the mobo in which runs at a USB 2.0 port. I brought the connecter on eBay for about 4 dollars and not sure if this would fry my components as the special on/off port has more volts presumably. The other 2 USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard are in use with the CPU Cooler's RGB and a Fenvi FV101 wifi card adapter. The power supply is the RM1000x if that helps.

Thank you in advance

Solution
Hello, I have the ga-x58a-ud5 (rev 1), I am wondering if I can use the specified ON/OFF USB 2.0 white and red header on the motherboard with a USB 3.0 20-pin header male to USB 2.0 9-pin female adapter on it as I have unoccupied USB ports. (not trying to charge stuff btw, plugging in stuff like peripherals and USB drives)

Since my case's USB 2.0 header broke, I have to resort to the adapter in which connects the case's USB 3 port to the adapter and to the mobo in which runs at a USB 2.0 port. I brought the connecter on eBay for about 4 dollars and not sure if this would fry my components as the special on/off port has more volts presumably. The other 2 USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard are in use with the CPU Cooler's RGB and a...

Since my case's USB 2.0 header broke, I have to resort to the adapter in which connects the case's USB 3 port to the adapter and to the mobo in which runs at a USB 2.0 port. I brought the connecter on eBay for about 4 dollars and not sure if this would fry my components as the special on/off port has more volts presumably. The other 2 USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard are in use with the CPU Cooler's RGB and a Fenvi FV101 wifi card adapter. The power supply is the RM1000x if that helps.

Thank you in advance
As long as you limit it to charging phones only as power output is more limited comparing to USB3. Even than it would charge slower.

Solution