Question Gigabyte RTX 4090 Master fans issue?

May 6, 2023
View: https://youtu.be/-nZhK7BRbOk

Short Video Version
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP1ZT6JYvdE

Gigabyte RTX 4090 Master fans issue?

I bought this video card 3 months ago and recently has this issue like in the YT video I attached. The fans try to spin but like they don't have enough power, eventually they will spin, but they do this and I am worried that something worst will follow.

Is this normal? I am the only one with this issue on this card?
all the settings are set by default and I am running in "quiet BIOS" mode
All the drivers are up to date, including the GCC app from Gigabyte.
The GPU is not overheating and when I run games that are more demanding all fans are spinning.
This only happens, if I am not mistaken, when I run a game that is not that GPU demanding or when I use RTX video enhancement/super resolution. quality: 4 (mainly on Twitch having a 4k monitor)
All temps are really good:
- CPU on idle= 55 C, full load doesn't go higher than 75 C, running for hours
- GPU on idle= 45-50 C, full load no higher than 75 C, and the hot spot is about 80 C +/-

My specs are:
Windows 11 22H2
MSI MEG b550 UNIFY-X
Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Master
2x 16GB RAM DDR4 G.Skill 3200Mhz CL16 - XMP
4x 2Gb Samsung NVMe M.2 RAID 0
Monitor
OLED ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ, 41.5"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2838871

I must be getting old. All I saw in that video was flashing lights.

Oh wait… the fans were finally revealed at the end. 😂😂

Nope… I’ve got the Aero and haven’t experienced that.

May 6, 2023
At the end the fans are spinning, yes, but the whole idea is that they are not spinning until the end, they are trying to spin, if you look closely they are shaking, and the LED indicator on the fans are on for when only they are supposed to spin...

Last edited:
May 6, 2023
I must be getting old. All I saw in that video was flashing lights.

Oh wait… the fans were finally revealed at the end. 😂😂

Nope… I’ve got the Aero and haven’t experienced that.
At the end the fans are spinning, yes, but the whole idea is that they are not spinning until the end, they are trying to spin, if you look closely they are shaking, and the LED indicator on the fans are on for when only they are supposed to spin...

Brogan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Semi-related question for you guys.

Going from a 2080 Super to a Gigabyte 4080 Gaming OC next week. I have always used a custom fan curve in MSI Afterburner. But based on the newer tech present in these 40-series cards, should I forego that and go with the default settings?

D

Deleted member 2838871

Semi-related question for you guys.

Going from a 2080 Super to a Gigabyte 4080 Gaming OC next week. I have always used a custom fan curve in MSI Afterburner. But based on the newer tech present in these 40-series cards, should I forego that and go with the default settings?

I would at least till you see how your temps are. I haven’t tweaked any settings on mine and it’s in the 60-70C range under full stress tests… 50-60C while gaming.

No need for fan curves or water cooling.

Reactions: Brogan

TRENDING THREADS