Question Gigabyte RX 570 works in my system but doesn't detect on other systems

Sep 7, 2022
Essentially this has happened in 2 different other systems. They essentially don't detect the GPU but for some reason it detects and displays on my system only.

Both systems give 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. Indicating it could be a RAM or GPU issue. We've tested the motherboard and RAM and no issue has been found since they appear to work with a different GPU installed.

The Gigabyte RX 570 only seems to boot or detect and display in my motherboard for some reason and not at others. I've been scratching my head ever since. We've utilized DDU since we're switching from NVIDIA to AMD drivers, it still wouldn't boot.

My System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3 3300X
Mobo: A320M-S2H-CF
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro SL 2x8GB 3600MHz
GPU: Gigabyte RX 570 4GB (displays and can install drivers)
PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 650W 80+ Platinum
(Running Windows 11 Pro with TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot)

Other System 1:
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Mobo: ASUS B450M A-II
RAM: HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2666 MHz
GPU: Gigabyte RX 570 4GB (doesn't display or detect)
PSU: Cougar 500W 80+
(Windows 11)

Other System 2:
CPU: Ryzen 3 3400G
Mobo: ASUS A320
RAM: HyperX Fury 2x8GB 3200MHz
GPU: Gigabyte RX 570 4GB (doesn't display or detect)
PSU: Deepcool 500VE or something
(Windows 10)

Note: When we plug the HDMI cable to the motherboard it displays since there's integrated graphics. But other than that, it doesn't seem to detect the GPU or UEFI/BIOS just decides to skip it.
EUFI/BIOS primary display settings were set to PCIe instead of IGFX (or something for Integrated Graphics).

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022
I would suspect that the PSU's in the two non working rigs are potentially the problem. A free test would be using your PSU, and cables, in the other systems, to verify. You can also try a CMOS reset on those systems.
Yes, thank you for that recommendation. Both PSU's seem fine since I took out the PSU's and plugged them into my system and the RX 570 booted up and displayed. As for the CMOS reset, I'll get back to you with that.
UPDATE
After CMOS reset, it still doesn't detect the GPU on both systems.

Last edited: