Gigabyte Wifi Drivers

Evwan_

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I have a gigabyte motherboard (in google searth gigabyte fm2 wifi itx) and I installed all of the drivers yet the adapter for wifi is absent. I cant create the Adapter (incomming conection) Please help

Solution
From my above post, the OP PM'd me and we've been corresponding via e-mail to resolve his problem. This was done because the OP needed to use his phone to take photos of what I asked and it was easier for him to e-mail them to me rather than post them here. So on his behalf and for those that may have similar problems I am posting them for him and my correspondence with him:

This is the photo that he sent me:

IMG_0103.jpg

This is my reply to him regarding this photo:

OK from the PCI Vendor and Device number that is an Atheros 802.11a/b/g/n, BT4.0+HS wireless adapter. So the Intel drivers on GigaBytes support page aren't going to work. To verify...
If I understand this post correctly, the wifi is built on the motherboard. We need the model number of motherboard you have. Often GigaByte's motherboards start with GA-Something. It should be printed (silkscreened) on the PCB somewhere. Often near the PCI-E slot (assuming it has one).

Evwan_

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

GA-F2A88XN-WIFI

Does the Wifi adapter show up in the Device Manager?

Evwan_

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

I have a "network adapter" other under but otherwise I only have realtek ethernet and 2 bluetooth

Evwan_

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

7 x64 but the gigabyte website has no more drivers

Evwan_

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

I put the drivers on the desktop (3 INFs) and I set it to search on the desktop. It says no drivers found. I keep "repairing" the intel software but it doesnt work. I dont understand this

You can't just put the INF's on the desktops, they have to be in the same folder as the .SYS files. Extract the drivers (remember where), then go to the device and select Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick.... > Have Disk and navigate to the folder with the INF's.

So for me, I extracted them in Downloads, so the folder was in Downloads\mb_driver_intel_wifi\WIFI\Win7Plus\Win64\Drivers\Win7

This is where the INFs and .SYS files are. The INF's are essentially instructions (script) on how to install the driver and what to install. So if it can't find the .SYS files it can't install.

Now if you do this and it says that it can't find drivers that match the hardware (something like that), then the device you selected to Update Driver isn't the one that matches the drivers.

Can you take a screenshot of your Device Manager and post it here? I'm interested in seeing the Other Devices row. Maybe you could also have open the Properties of the device you believe is your wifi adapter too in the screenshot.

From my above post, the OP PM'd me and we've been corresponding via e-mail to resolve his problem. This was done because the OP needed to use his phone to take photos of what I asked and it was easier for him to e-mail them to me rather than post them here. So on his behalf and for those that may have similar problems I am posting them for him and my correspondence with him:

This is the photo that he sent me:

IMG_0103.jpg

This is my reply to him regarding this photo:

OK from the PCI Vendor and Device number that is an Atheros 802.11a/b/g/n, BT4.0+HS wireless adapter. So the Intel drivers on GigaBytes support page aren't going to work. To verify you said you have the GA-F2A88XN-WIFI motherboard? And you are trying to install a driver for the included wireless module that came with the motherboard? You haven't added another card or changed the module out?

Either way, I think that this link will give you the driver you need:

http://service.smartpcupdate.com/downloads/hpus_n525aa8838915.exe?from_site=1

I've looked in the INF, and it most certainly will find a VEN_168C&DEV0034SUBSYS_663111AD. Essentially how you read these is the number after VEN is the vendor number which in this case is Atheros, the number after the DEV is the device which is registerd as a 802.11a/b/g/n, BT4.0+HS device. It's that string that Windows searches for in the INF file to determine if the driver you are installing is the correct one for the device.

I've scanned the file for viruses when I downloaded it, but I would suggest you do the same before executing it. Always good to be paranoid as the source isn't directly from Atheros or GigaByte and you don't really know me.

Give this a try.

As you can see, from all the back and forth on the thread, and from GigaByte's support sight the included wireless module is supposed to be Intel based. However from the picture it's very obviously Atheros based. So I've directed the OP to try the driver in the quoted section.

Solution