Question Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master - CPU_FAN or CPU_OPT for the AIO 3 Pin connector ?

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
Hello guys ! I want to connect my Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO pump tach cable to the motherboard.
Wich is the motherboard header for connecting the 3-Pin header from the AIO pump ?
My AIO user manual says to connect it to the CPU_FAN, but my motherboard manual says that CPU_OPT is for watercooling too.
Is the CPU_FAN or the CPU_OPT ?
Is possible to connect in any of them ? Seems that CPU_OPT meens it is optional, but what is it for ? What is the difference between them ?
Thank you very much .

Last edited:

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
Since my manual say to connect the AIO pump to the CPU_FAN header, I connected there.
Look here a guy with the same motherboard, he connected the AIO pump to CPU_OPT:

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
Wow, thank you very much.
For example, one of my friends have an Asus Prime Z390-a motherboard, wich have a CPU_FAN header, a CPU_OPT header and most important, an AIO_PUMP header.
My Aorus Master motherboard doesn’t have such a header (AIO_PUMP), only CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers.
He connected his NZXT Kraken X62 AIO watercooler to the AIO_PUMP header and works very well, including the pump RGB, although his manual says to connect the pump to the CPU_FAN header, like my manual say.

Last edited:

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
I found a very interseting discussion on the forum about Corsair H150i PRO, the CPU_FAN header
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/corsair-h150i-connector-question.3475420/#post-21003789
and about the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT
[/URL]
I connected my AIO cooler to CPU_FAN, like my Corsair H115i Platinum say, because my options was between CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT, since my Gigabyte have only these.

Last edited: