[SOLVED] Gigabyte z590 aorus master

Mar 7, 2022
Just recently bought this board brand new I have a ssd as my boot drive. Anytime I plug in a secondary HHD the primary drive will not boot. I believe the LED code is A6 and or A2 when I turn it on. I turn it off, unhook the HHD and turn it back on and it boots up again no problem. How can I fix this? Also I have yet to be able to access the bios. Anyone help!! Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
if nothing else works dismantle down to the very minimal setup;

power down, switch off power supply, hold case power button for 3-5 seconds until all power is discharged.

remove motherboard from case and disconnect any chassis fans and LEDs,
remove any 3rd party LED strips etc..,
remove graphics card,
remove all disks,
only a single stick of RAM in DIMM slot A_2,
have only power to 24pin and 8pin,
connect display to rear I/O iGPU.

clear CMOS.

switch on power supply,
short motherboard front panel power button(if no onboard power button exists).
Mar 7, 2022
Well of course not, but before I hookup the ssd I tried to access the bios first before I did anything and it wouldn't load anything the screen would stay black and nothing would happen even after pressing esc or del or f2, f1. That's when I put in the ssd thinking it would somehow help me access the bios but it didn't and as of last night I had a external hard drive plugged into the USB port and that even made it to where it wouldn't boot the ssd. Like it won't recognize which drive is which...

I tried to access the bios first before I did anything and it wouldn't load anything the screen would stay black and nothing would happen even after pressing esc or del or f2, f1.
So your main problem here is reaching BIOS. List all your components first so we know with what you work. Have you tried starting the system without any drive at all? resetting CMOS? going without GPU (if you have non-F CPU)?

many times the time frame available for accessing the BIOS when starting up is too short for many users to click F2 or delete.

but if this is a brand new build with brand new motherboard it should halt after POST with a message stating to press F1 to enter setup.

if you're getting no POST screen, just blank or "No Signal" error, then you have another hardware issue that needs to be addressed first.

Mar 7, 2022
When It was booting the os it would be a black screen until it brought up the login screen on the os.. Now it won't even boot the LED lights on the board says A0, A2, or Ad.. So I think I should just update the bios?

Ok, so in order
BIOS access: I believe your GPU might be acting here. Since your CPU has integrated graphics I would remove GPU, connect monitor to motherboard and try reaching BIOS that way.
HDD no boot: Most logical explanation would be that your HDD also has a boot partition and your PC just gets confused with two of them. Changing boot order in BIOS might solve it.

if nothing else works dismantle down to the very minimal setup;

power down, switch off power supply, hold case power button for 3-5 seconds until all power is discharged.

remove motherboard from case and disconnect any chassis fans and LEDs,
remove any 3rd party LED strips etc..,
remove graphics card,
remove all disks,
only a single stick of RAM in DIMM slot A_2,
have only power to 24pin and 8pin,
connect display to rear I/O iGPU.

clear CMOS.

switch on power supply,
short motherboard front panel power button(if no onboard power button exists).

Solution