Give your 2 Cents

G

Are there any known compatibility issues with the Asus A7V, AMD 1.1GHZ Athlon, Windows ME, ATI All-in-wonder 128 Pro, any Soundblaster Live mp3 5.1?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I need to use the ATI Video card because I want the TV output.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Even some of the GeForce 2 MXs have video output.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

morte

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
You can get TV out (and sometimes TV/Tuner in) on just about any graphics chipset, just look on the vendor web sites to check the various models out - As for compatibility probs, I am hearing a lot of probs with GeForce 2 MX cards on recent Athlon-based motherboards - from what I can tell, it is perhaps a BIOS update issue, probably AGP interface related? Once the BIOS gets updated, the reported probs (usually hanging/freezing) go away - can anyone else confirm this or otherwise?

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>I am hearing a lot of probs with GeForce 2 MX cards on recent Athlon-based motherboards</b>
I don't think so. I currently use them on both of my AMD systems and they run great(A7V with Asus V-7100 and KT7-Raid with Guillemot Prohet MX). You might mistaken the old Athlon boards (KX133) with Geforce 256.

G

The old Irongate northbridge used to have probs with Geforce cards but i don't know of any others causing probs...

M

one of the first UK T-Bird users....

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>The old Irongate northbridge used to have probs with Geforce cards but i don't know of any others causing probs...</b>
Right. Thanks for correcting me.

morte

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Alright! Thanks! Now THAT's the stuff I need to hear! :cool:
Can you tell me what BIOS revision your M/Bs are running at?
Any other special details, like power supply rating, video driver level I should know?

Ah, mistakes are the stuff borne of rumour! :wink:
It is strange, but this system retailer suggested a purchase of the 256 instead of the 2 MX. Of course, the motherboards were KT133 chipsets, rather than KX133... (and not irongate either)

I appreciate your reply!

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Arrow,

Are you an owner of NCIX? I visited the site, and found them to be priced about 80% above most other sites! $253 for an ABIT KT7-RAID? Reality - $138. AMD T-Bird 900 at $249! That's $60 more then an Intel P3-800. Reality - about $140. I saw no need to look any further.

Why would you want to send people to that site?

rtoombs

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
You may have already tried this but I have seen issues with the SB Live cards and the ATI AllinWonder 128 PRO. The way we were able to fix this was to get the latest drivers from both companies. The trick to this though is that you have to set up the sound card first. If you try to set up the video card first you run into problems. With your live card install the liveware 3 first and then get the WinME updated drivers to install after. After your sound card is all set up then go ahead and install the video card drivers and software. Oh one other thing that you will probable want to make sure of, get the lates VIA update for your motherboard. Now if this doesn't fix your problem try disabling the onboard ata controler and just try the original ide controler for troubleshooting.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
maybe your sound card is messing up. switch you Soundblaster to a different PCI slot. and re-install it.

First person to get a topic banned. ABIT BP6 Lives FOREVER!!!