[SOLVED] Giving power when pc is off

nicklaswallace

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
hello all, thank you for coming to read my issue. So I installed a new mobo and cpu recently... The motherboard is a Gigabyte B365M DS3H, and the cpu is an i7-9700f. Ever since installing the new components my keyboard has stayed on (im assuming its from the mobo)… If I hold the power button on the pc, the keyboard will sometimes still stay on or other times it will be off (no lights) but when I push a key the lights flash on for a sec. It seems as if my keyboard is still receiving power when the computer is still supposed to be off. The keyboard is a corsair K55 I believe. It also happens with my mouse at times (although not as often). I'm not sure if this motherboard has some sort of setting that prevents it from turning off or if the motherboard itself is not working properly or maybe something else. Thank you again :)

Solution
It appears in your bios you need to enable ErP on the power tab. This shuts off power to the usb ports when system is off.
Page 36 section 2-8 of your motherboard manual.
You have them plugged into USB ports with stand by power.
Many motherboards have this feature.
One it allows you to start the computer with keyboard or mouse.
And 2 it allows you to charge your phone, tablet etc.. when the computer is off.
You can disable it in the motherboard bios or change the ports the keyboard/mouse are plugged into if it is an inconvenience.

nicklaswallace

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
You have them plugged into USB ports with stand by power.
Many motherboards have this feature.
One it allows you to start the computer with keyboard or mouse.
And 2 it allows you to charge your phone, tablet etc.. when the computer is off.
You can disable it in the motherboard bios or change the ports the keyboard/mouse are plugged into if it is an inconvenience.
Thank you, I just didn't know if my motherboard was bad. Do you know if keeping power like that causes issues with longevity?

nicklaswallace

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
No problems with longevity as long as you have a good power supply.
alright thank you... also side note I went into the bios and under power the turn on by keyboard or mouse is disabled. I also checked under peripheals and didnt see anything to turn it off... I cant seem to find anything on youtube or google... would you have any ideas as to where i can find the way to turn it off?

TRENDING THREADS