GlobalFoundries VP Quits, Joins Intel In Battle Against ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I lol'd when I read "and Oak Trail is certainly not the savior Intel was hoping for." While Intel's endeavor into the mini-moble market will be a long one, I hope they don't loose sight on their bread-and-butter market.

G

@Mario75

about as stupid as appointing will.i.am as creative director and getting pointers from Apple maybe......

James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Mario75[/nom]look at all those amd fanboys - they hate everything whats not green and red LOLno wonder your amd cant make proper products withouts problems,amd fanboys suit amd pefectly hahahacant wait when that Shovel aka bullllldozzzzer buldoze amd.what are stupid name - Bull Doze er?[/citation]

and this statement makes you any better but then again you are fan trolling so see ya.

anyway I wish the guy good luck in his new job because he's going to need it.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Some random guy takes a job at intel and this is somehow tech-worthy news? Probably made headlines because he is in public relations and has friends in the media.

neblix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
[citation][nom]PudgyChicken[/nom]Grammar fail. It should be have instead of has.[/citation]
[citation][nom]PudgyChicken[/nom]Grammar fail.[/citation]

Grammar failure.

4745454b

Titan
A talking head jumped ship. Big deal.

It could be. I'm always a bit surprised when I hear about this as I would assume most/all VPs have a non compete clause in their contract. (can't work for X years for a competitor/same industry.) Granted he was in media and probably didn't have a lot of knowledge about upcoming products or how the engineering on them was done. But I'm still surprised it happens as often as it does.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]4745454b[/nom]It could be. I'm always a bit surprised when I hear about this as I would assume most/all VPs have a non compete clause in their contract. (can't work for X years for a competitor/same industry.) Granted he was in media and probably didn't have a lot of knowledge about upcoming products or how the engineering on them was done. But I'm still surprised it happens as often as it does.[/citation]
I think the big reason for that is him working for global founderies, and technically not directly for AMD. Basically makes him more the worker than the leader. Anyways, I wish this guy the best over at Intel. They're struggling jumping into the graphics market and want to try to compete in the ARM market. 2 big battles at once like that, hope this isn't gonna turn into another P4 incident. I like competition on all levels, don't get me wrong, just don't know if they really understand the type of market they're jumping into.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Lol, Intel vs ARM? Total Annihilation is coming true ^^:

"What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds. The Core and the Arm have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. Both sides now crippled beyond repair, the remnants of their armies continue to battle on ravaged planets, their hatred fueled by over four thousand years of total war. This is a fight to the death. For each side, the only acceptable outcome is the complete elimination of the other."

someoneelse

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Personal reasons meaning "intel paid me more."[/citation]
LOL
Also intel is far more certain to still be around in 5 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.