[SOLVED] Glorious Model O Cursor movement after smash

Jun 9, 2019
Hello all, so after I took the 3 pieces of gum left, my brother came up to my room and unplugged everything, put the pc over on a side, and (broke?) my Model O mouse. The top was clinging on but I connected it to the bottom. All good, right? So then I plug the mouse into my PC and the cursor doesn't move. I apply a lot pressure and it moves perfect, but otherwise it just stays there or shakily teleports to a location on the screen. Any help? I REALLY don't want to spend 78 CAD on a new mouse again and wait for delivery. thanks

Solution
If you have to put intense pressure on the mouse then that means that there is now a loose connection or component inside the mouse. Or a crack somewhere in the circuitry.

And the only way to achieve connectivity is to find a way to apply continual pressure.

I.e., Duct-tape per @popatim

Open the mouse and inspect carefully with bright light and magnifying glass. Use a non-conductive tool (eraser end of a pencil may work) to push and apply pressure. You may discover something fixable inside....

That fix may require duct-tape, superglue, or some other TBD method. Nothing to lose by trying.

That said:

Why would you need to come up with 78 CAD? Your brother broke the mouse - he should pay for it.

Time for a family...

Ralston18

Titan
If you have to put intense pressure on the mouse then that means that there is now a loose connection or component inside the mouse. Or a crack somewhere in the circuitry.

And the only way to achieve connectivity is to find a way to apply continual pressure.

I.e., Duct-tape per @popatim

Open the mouse and inspect carefully with bright light and magnifying glass. Use a non-conductive tool (eraser end of a pencil may work) to push and apply pressure. You may discover something fixable inside....

That fix may require duct-tape, superglue, or some other TBD method. Nothing to lose by trying.

That said:

Why would you need to come up with 78 CAD? Your brother broke the mouse - he should pay for it.

Time for a family meeting to have some serious discussions.....

Reactions: vykoHDD
Solution