Going Steamless with HL2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Kroagnon wrote:
> > > You can patch your game without Steam. The only difference is that
> the
> > patches don't come directly from Valve.
> That would be interesting. How do you do it?

The folks that release the emulator release their own HL2 patches complete
with installer.

jeff

In article <n%wLd.92096$Ta2.56359@fe2.texas.rr.com>, "OldDog" <OldDog@citypound.com> wrote:

>"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, "JLC" wrote:
>>
>> if you killfiled John Lewis it would be YOUR lose! that's why you didn't!
>> and the wally is just a provocative poster, he likes to provoke, don't
>> you know anyone like him in real life? someone you has nothing better to
>> say except trying to provoke and make people mad
>> so don't even try comparing wally to John Lewis
><snip>
>

>Wally has 5 letters in his name.
>Lewis has 5 letters in his name.
>
>Wally has the letter L in his name.
>Lewis has the letter L in his name.
>(note: Lewis use to have two L but I think Wally stole one of them)
>
>Wally has the letter W in his name.
>Lewis has the letter W in his name.
>
>I'm beginning to suspect that the two are actual one in the same person.
>
>Wally's real first name is John.
>Lewis's first name is John.

OldDog has 6 letters in his name.
DiFool has 6 letters in his name.

OldDog has the letter L in his name.
DiFool has the letter L in his name.

OldDog has the letter D in his name.
DiFool has the letter D in his name.
(note: DiFool use to have to D's, but I think OldDog stole one of them)

I'm beginning to suspect that the two are actually one in the same person.

DiFool's first name is John.
OldDog's sitting on the John.

Have a nice day. :)

"Jeff" <jeff@work.com> wrote in message
<snip>
>Wally's real first name is John.
> >Lewis's first name is John.
>
> OldDog has 6 letters in his name.
> DiFool has 6 letters in his name.
>
> OldDog has the letter L in his name.
> DiFool has the letter L in his name.
>
> OldDog has the letter D in his name.
> DiFool has the letter D in his name.
> (note: DiFool use to have to D's, but I think OldDog stole one of them)
>
> I'm beginning to suspect that the two are actually one in the same person.
>
> DiFool's first name is John.
> OldDog's sitting on the John.
>
> Have a nice day. :)

Whoa!
This is almost like 6deg of separation.
Only it's not funny when it includes me. ;)

I wonder if difool howls at the moon like I do sometimes when its full?

ps I tried, but I can't connect Jeff to OldDog or difool. You need to add
a letter to your name. You want to buy a vowel? Like an O. :)