GoldenEye: Source HL2 Mod Finally Out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
meh, project reality: battlefield 2 is much more interesting and they've accomplished much more AND they are in the mods hall of fame..... so ...yea.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
they are doing better than black mesa, lets make that our new duke nukem forever since it looks like the real one is going to be released.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Goldeneye was an awesome multiplayer game in its time, and every now and then I dust of the 64 to have a game of it. So many fun hours spent in that game.

A bit off topic, but 1 game I am really looking forward to is Battlefield 3.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Czar Zach[/nom]@micr0be...are you stupid? That has nothing to do with the topic.[/citation]

lol didnt mean to hurt ur feelings there kid.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Czar Zach[/nom]@micr0be...are you stupid? That has nothing to do with the topic.[/citation]

Don't feed obvious troll.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I've played the mod and it's quite impressive. It's graphics are definitely better than the Wii GoldenEye that's for sure. I would much rather see a single player campaign for this game instead though.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]braneman[/nom]they are doing better than black mesa, lets make that our new duke nukem forever since it looks like the real one is going to be released.[/citation]

Yah, but don't go to the Steam forums making that statement. The fanboys for this mod are unbearable.

But here's a question. Which will be released first, Black Mesa or HL: EP3?

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I love source developers. great work guys downloading now. Gave me the idea to remake Doom or Quake or Wolf 3D using a newer engine. Bring a few classic games back to the masses. Prob suck by todays standards but I loved those games. TBH I think Deus Ex running on a newer engine (possibly the one used for the latest game) would still make GOTY. Now how many people will reinstall Deus Ex since its been mentioned? It's just one of those games!

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]cashews[/nom]A bit off topic, but 1 game I am really looking forward to is Battlefield 3.[/citation]

Off topic again... I agree. Can't wait! I just hope it will be more like BF 1942 where you can get into ships and subs... ect...

G

GE64, the "first" and "greatest" FPS ever made? Ummmmm, no. It was a great game no doubt, and it introduced a lot of console kids to the concept of a FPS, but it is hardly the greatest FPS, and definitely not the first. Doom/Quake still own that crown guys.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]godnodog[/nom]"remember the first best multiplayer first-person shooter ever made"What???? Maybe on GE64...[/citation]

Yeah, I remember iD software's DooM and ipx setup and along came modem. good times. goldeneye? no

G

It is the first best MP game ever created. More people in the world bought and played ge64 than all the PC FPS combined back in the day. You need to learn some VG history. The team's statement is correct. You just have a silly personal opinion on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.