Good build to do gaming

G

Hi there,

I just need to know if my PC build is good for gaming. Keep in mind that the parts are what I have to work with for the time being till I save up enough money to upgrade. Here's my build:

-Case: Enermax Ostrog GT
-Mobo: ASRock Z75 Pro3
-CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz
-GPU: MSI GTX 560Ti @1GB
-PSU: Antec 650W
-RAM: G. Skill 1333Mhz @4GB
-Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

I know that my video card and CPU can handle games at very high settings from my last build, so I'll probably be doing some OC'ing as soon as I have it built. I'll also be streaming using my main monitor for my game, and the other for my OBS & Twitch chat. Main monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 and my smaller one...I'm not sure what that is, to tell you the truth lol! I know some people say streaming can't be ran with the 560Ti, but I'm sure if some settings for the resolution are tweaked that it could run decently. Anyway, I'm just looking for your opinion; NOT builds that I should get for myself. Thanks in advance! ^^

PS: these are some of the games I play and some I want to play:

The Witcher 3
Fallout 3 & 4
Doom (new one)
Dying Light
Metro 2033 & Last Light
Terraria
Dishonoured
Child of Light
League of Legends
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands The Presequel
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Final Fantasy 14 online
Alice Madness Returns
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Final Fantasy Type-0

emeck

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
If you are planning on streaming, it shouldn't put to much on the GPU, it would have more to do with the CPU and RAM, as i5s are somewhat limited on multitasking, and, well, the standard nowadays for RAM are at LEAST 8gb of 1600mhz.
I would highly recommend getting a new RAM at least, but if you want even more performance, an i7 would help out with that.

G

@emech

Thanks for the reply! I have to wait till sometime next month to get a set of 8GB @1600Mhz and I really don't want to have to upgrade my CPU, cause I have no money to upgrade anything right now, and it's way too expensive for a i7 these days. Besides, I heard my CPU is still one of the best for gaming. Plus, I'll be overclocking my CPU to a stable overclock. Before my last mobo gave out (cause it was a stupid HP mobo) I could play almost anything at very high to ultra high settings so that was very great. Never had any issues as far as I can remember. Can't I just tweak the resolution settings in either OBS or in-game to have a decent stream for my viewers? I'll be using two monitors: one for my game and one for my OBS & Twitch chat pop-out.

G

@emech,

What will do the trick? You mean setting the OBS screen resolution down low for my viewers? Do I have to tweak my in-game resolution as well? I'm rather new to OBS and Twitch. >_< So that's why I'm asking lol