Question Good upgrade on a budget?

Aug 13, 2024
I recently ran into a issue where I keep getting the blue screen of death and have tried everything to try and fix the issue I looked up the error code and it basically could be anything from a corrupt file to a hardware issue and a automatic repair will fail so seeing the system is about 7 years old I figure it's time to re build and do some upgrades. The system I have now has
• MSI Gaming M5 LGA1151 Motherboard
• i5 8600k Intel CPU
• 16gb Corsair Vengeance (4×8)
• Evga GTX 1070 GPU
• Corsair 650 PSU
And I'm looking to get
• AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core
•ASUS Prime B550-PLUS AMD AM4 Zen 3 (Which I can get in a bundle for under $300)
• G Skill Ripjaw V series DDR4 (4×8)
•MSI RTX 3050 Ventus 2X XS 8G OC
( Which my 1440p monitor has GSync so it's the reason I'm going with the 3050 (which I can get for under $200 and have read is a good pairing with the Ryzen 7)
All I can get for around $600. I only really play World of Warcraft at High settings so would like to here what you all think.

Last edited:
I recently ran into a issue where I keep getting the blue screen of death and have tried everything to try and fix the issue
I only really play World of Warcraft at High settings so would like to here what you all think.
I'm all for upgrades and new systems but what you own is yes aging but still respectable specs if the main game your playing is World of Warcraft.

I get used systems all the time with your exact parts and go right to yanking the working hard drive/ SSD that came with the system and get a fresh SSD, install a clean Windows and test out system.

I like to keep the original hard drive and the state it came in and than I have a real side by side.

You could go for a whole new system but a $ 40.00 SSD from Amazon and a fresh install of Windows might just give you a solid system again.