Google Aims To Conquer "Next 5 Billion" With Android One Smartphones Starting At $105

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish someone would release another phone with gaming controls like the Sony Erricson Xperia Play that I got 3 years ago and have thus far cannot upgrade to a new device because nothing else has this very important feature.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
I just wish someone would release another phone with gaming controls like the Sony Erricson Xperia Play that I got 3 years ago and have thus far cannot upgrade to a new device because nothing else has this very important feature.
It's not exactly the same, but you can get a bluetooth detachable joystick to use on a smartphone. It may not be as compatible as integrated hard keys, but at least you can upgrade the hardware and keep the keys.

Yea I know about this option. I fear that is the way I will have to go one day when I just really must get a new contract, at the moment I have been running without one since everywhere I am at has wifi. The bluetooth controllers might be the best option for me, but does suck to expand to having to carry two devices instead of just one phone.

Seen it, it has relatively poor controls, very large size, and highly prone to breaking down. Go searching online a bit you will find out that like 8 out of 10 die in the first 6 months. So enjoy it while you have it.

amateurhour89

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
probably won't make it to the states.. reasons like the fda doesn't approve, or it won't pass emissions standards, lead paint, or... turn signals. i can see from here it doesn't have turn signals...... or all the money grubbing companies with $800 phones have their hands in every politicians pocket. could be that i guess too..

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
You can order these $99, or less quad-core mediatek cpu phones direct from China. I've ordered two so far; they work great. They're unlocked so you can use any carrier

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
For those asking why you wont see these phones in the States, its because the market is more than content with paying $400-$1000 for a phone. The demands of Third World countries are cheap phones with 2 sim cards, decent sized screen and wifi. I feel sorry for MS right now as I doubt they can come up with a phone near $50(hell they haven't even made a Windows 8 phone with a keyboard...) .

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
all i want is a camera on a device that can be used by apps for barcode scanning and such.

i have use for a device like this, but don't want to pay the retarded costs in the us to get one.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
IInuyasha74 said:
Seen it, it has relatively poor controls, very large size, and highly prone to breaking down. Go searching online a bit you will find out that like 8 out of 10 die in the first 6 months. So enjoy it while you have it.

Well, the first one I bought had a multiple key problem (I researched online and it seems that the first batch of the JXD S5800 has manufacturing defects.), so I had to return it. The replacement one is still kicking, and I've been abusing this everyday. We'll see. No problems on any game or any control problem in the replacement S5800 I got.

Also for like $120, I have no issues with it. A brand new PSP is more expensive than this device. And can take and send calls. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.