Google Awarded Patent for Dual-Screen Smart-Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
A watch I certainly will not be able to afford and almost everyone will have no practical use for. I'm all for inventing and experimenting but where is the practical use for this?

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
A watch I certainly will not be able to afford and almost everyone will have no practical use for. I'm all for inventing and experimenting but where is the practical use for this?

It's a watch, for Christ's sake, it shows the current time.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]It's a watch, for Christ's sake, it shows the current time.[/citation]

HAHA that made me laugh so hard! whewwwww, anywho, i would totally buy this in an instant especially if it has some kind of projector on it. All it would need is a QR code scanner and it will display info on a wall or something similar. :)

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]A watch I certainly will not be able to afford and almost everyone will have no practical use for. I'm all for inventing and experimenting but where is the practical use for this?[/citation]

JTFC!

plattyaj

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
OK, but what's the invention? A patent is supposed to have one but I don't see anything that isn't already on the market in some form, whether on a watch or not?

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]A watch I certainly will not be able to afford and almost everyone will have no practical use for. I'm all for inventing and experimenting but where is the practical use for this?[/citation]

I know people who pay 5k for "dumb" watches.

So there is a market for this.

I might pay a few hundred for one. To me the advantage would be that I would be less likely to lose it. I can not buy smart phones because within a week I can't find the darn thing.

i can finally update my calculator watch........
But does it have a laser?

[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom] To me the advantage would be that I would be less likely to lose it. I can not buy smart phones because within a week I can't find the darn thing.[/citation]
Maybe you should get glasses.

zakkenayo

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
It just feels weird, because Microsoft tried to do something similar ( SPOT watches ) about a decade ago and it didn't go well. Albeit, they didn't have touch screens or anything that was worth buying. You can sort of already do this with the Ipod Nana, there's an add-on so you can use it as a watch.
I'm interested to see where this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.