Google Banning Facial Recognition Apps on Glass

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

The exact ruling of the 1st circuit appellate court is as follows...

"Gathering information about government officials in a form that can readily be disseminated to others serves a cardinal First Amendment interest in protecting and promoting 'the free discussion of governmental affairs."

See the line about "government officials", see how it doesn't state "Anyone."

This was in response to the city of Boston (not chicago) using federal wiretapping laws to claim right in their confiscation of a citizens cellular phone that was used to record officers making an arrest, and their arrest and detainment of the citizen.

Nowhere does it say you have the right to record me and do as you please with the recording, just that you have the right to record government officials if your intent is to distribute information about those activities.

Taken out of context you can attempt to make things say what you want. Things look a little different when you take things in context and provide exact quotes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what I have stated is fact.

Don't take my words at face value though always make an informed decision yourself. Google that quote, you will get thousands of hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.