Google, Boingo to Roll Out 4,000 Free WiFi Hotspots

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrymcclouder

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I think this is great, wonderful to see WiFi becoming more prevalent. Seems like a good fit for airports and large venues.

Also came across a new Facebook enabled WiFi for businesses called Wavespot which is making a splash too. Customers connect to free wifi and can "like" a business on Facebook instantly. I think they do a bunch more things like giving digital coupons through wifi etc. It seems like a good way for small business to provide free wifi.

All in all great to know that ill be able to use free wifi in a lot more places in the future.

jacobwaypope

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
@Jerry The coffee shop right down the street from my house uses Wavespot. It makes a lot of sense and its a lot easier than before when they had case sensitive passwords and such. Free WiFi ftw.

I am really curious how much/ how big the ads on Google Play sponsored deal. Kinda reminds me of when Net Zero was giving away free 56k in the late 90's lol.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]How do I make Boingo think I my Ipod Touch is an Android device?[/citation]

Why would you even want to do that?
Ashamed to have been suckered into buying one ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.