Google Buys Maker of QuickOffice Productivity App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]Hmmm.... google version of microsoft office? Chromfice, your welcome google, lol.[/citation]
Or Google Office, since they have Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Maps, Google Earth and the rest :p

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Looks like Documents to Go will get bought out by Microsoft or Apple now. Although there are a few other really good suites out there too. I have always preferred Documents to Go (used since Palm days) but it has been a while since I have tried Quick Office. I feel this will be good for customers.

slipdisc

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Anything to get rid of Microsoft Office is a plus. I dont feel like paying Microsoft office anymore.[/citation]
Simple solution: Just dont buy it and you're rid of it. Carry on.

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Anything to get rid of Microsoft Office is a plus. I dont feel like paying Microsoft office anymore.[/citation]

I haven't used Microsoft Office since around 2000. I used OpenOffice.org for many years until Oracle screwed that up, now I'm still trying to decide between Libre (but I haven't found a Windows version for it) or Symphony (which is a bit bloated and not as intuitive).

The point is there is no good reason to be M$ Office in this day and age except to line M$'s pockets.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
This seems to me as if Google is making defensive move concerning their Docs and/or are intending to bring support for MS Office formats to Docs without having to negotiate terms directly with MS.

G

Great now when Google makes QuickOffice a pay only app, I'll move to a Nokia Lumia 900 and get free Mobile MS Office ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS