Google Chrome freezes after typing a specific word

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Greetings!

Recently I was listening to "Bluesette" by Toots Thielemans on YouTube, I added the song to my Liked Videos like usual and there was no problems. Today, I searched the word "Bluesette" and pressed Enter then my browser suddenly froze...Everything is unresponsive, no crash message while the PC is working quite well expect the browser, I had to end it via Task Manager which is the only method to close it. However, typing other words for e.g. the composer Toots Thielemans works normal. Basically writing specifically "Bluesette" would cause any browser to freeze whether it is on Google, Youtube or other search engines.

I have cleared browser cache, history etc.. removed all extensions and uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome Browser, did a full scan/cleanup through CCleaner and a disk cleanup, restarted my PC..Nothing worked out. I've switched to Microsoft Edge..same problem occurred. This word is cursed!

PC specs:
(Windows 10)
Intel Core i5-2400 3.10 Ghz
Ram: 8.00 GB
64-bit OS

I have no Anti-virus whatsoever. I have disabled Windows Defender/Windows Updates long ago. I download and run programs at my own risk. I did not notice any unusual act since i was using macintosh 1998.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Sincerely, Ash

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018

Thank you for your response!

I have made a New Local User and that actually solved it but obviously I could not rely on switching Accounts in that case. The hitch was merely on the Main Account what it seems.
I also noticed, typing anything related to "Malwarebytes" on Main Account causes a freeze as well so I had to make the Installation via the New User and it did the trick!
The result quite shocked me, I am unaware of those threats:
https://ibb.co/kDMXme
And that solved the Issue!

I'm very much obliged for your assistance and I appreciate your help in resolving the problem!

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can make local account admin, copy contents of old users folders in C:\users\username onto new user and give it same access. Then all you need do is set up browsers and maybe Steam/Onedrive if you used them. No need to install anything again.

If malwarebytes fixed it.. even better :)