Question Google, Dropbox Slow/Won't Load After Mobo Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaDen

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Hello all! Recently, my Asus mobo crashed so I replaced it with an Aorus mobo.. I was unable to locate the same mobo new or used at anything close to a reasonable price, so I had to go with the best alternative I could find.

The issues I am having seem to line up with the timing of the mobo swap.. they began about a week after I made the swap, but I'm unsure if that would be the cause.

PC Build:

Aorus Ultra Gigabyte Z390 Motherboard (replacement for Asus Maximus Hero IX Z390 Motherboard from original build)
Intel i9-9900K CPU
32GB Corsair DDR4 RAM
Zotac GTX 8GB GPU
Samsung 1TB SSD - for OS and Programs
WD Blue 1TB SSD - for storage
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Air Cooler
Corsair 850w Gold PSU
Windows 10 Pro

Here is what is going on..

1. Dropbox - The Dropbox Desktop App is forever 'syncing' even though nothing has been uploaded. I have Dropbox set as the default location for all my screenshots. Never had an issue, but now when I take a screenshot, it goes into a perpetual 'sync' state and never actually syncs the image to the folder.. I have left it overnight and the next morning, the screenshot is still 'syncing'. This holds true for any uploads to Dropbox. I can go to the Dropbox website, but that presents it's own set of issues (discussed in point #2 about Google)

2. Google - anything Google takes forever to load, if it even loads at all.. Chrome, G-Mail, Google Docs/Sheets/Photos, etc., Maps, YouTube, are all affected.. G-Mail will take a long time to load and often I get an 'unable to load, please retry' message. Sending emails fail about half the time and have to be attempted several times. Emails with files attached will not send. If I'm using Docs or Sheets, etc. it will often disconnect and I get the 'trying to reconnect' message. My primary browser is Chrome, which also is experiencing issues. Websites take unusually long to load and some populate the url address bar and just stop loading mid-way thru, leaving a blank browser screen. I have better results using Firefox or Opera but they are still very slow compared to what is normal. Youtube videos also take a longer than usual while to load, some have to be re-loaded several times.

3. Discord - Discord has become slow & 'sticky' and images take a very long time to upload, if they even load at all.

I have updated everything I could possibly update, uninstalled & reinstalled fresh programs, did a full virus scan, removed non-essential extensions from Chrome, uninstalled non-essential programs from the PC.

I have not done a fresh install of Windows 10.

I can not figure out what the issue is or what may be causing these major drop-offs in performance. A new build is just not in the budget at this time, so I need to resolve this issue, even if not 100%, enough that it does not continue to impact my productivity, the way it currently is (the PC is for both work and personal use).

I have been researching these issues on and off for the past month and I have not found anything. The troubleshooting guides from the respective programs didn't offer much to resolve this particular problem. If it were only one program having issues, I would assume it was that program, however since it is multiple (Dropbox, Google, Discord), I am inclined to believe that the issues lies somewhere with the PC. From what I can tell, other programs do not seem to have been affected by whatever this issue is.. only Dropbox, Google, and Discord, which happen to be 3 of my most-used programs.

To reiterate, the PC ran like a well-oiled-machine & has since I built it, until about a week or so after the mobo swap. Nothing else in the operating environment has changed.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have not done a fresh install of Windows 10.
You should backup all critical content and then recreate your bootable installer for the OS using Windows Media Creation Tools. Then proceed to reinstall the OS anew.

Aorus Ultra Gigabyte Z390 Motherboard (replacement for Asus Maximus Hero IX Z390 Motherboard from original build)
You're advised to reinstall the OS, although the chipset may be the same. In your current state, check and see if you've got BIOS updates pending.

Zotac GTX 8GB GPU
What GPU is this? 1000 series? Older?

Corsair 850w Gold PSU
Corsair is the brand of the PSU, while 850W is the advertised wattage while, while Gold is the 80+ advertised efficiency rating. What is the model of the PSU and what is it's age?

ChaDen

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
The very first thing you should have done after swapping boards. It's likely that's the root of your problems

Thank you. I will back up and do a fresh install..

So do you have any idea why it is happening on ALL my PC's? I have my main work PC (which is the PC that I am having the issues with), my main home PC and another secondary PC..
the other PC's have not been modified or repaired in any way.. they are all original parts from when I built them.. but the 2 'good' PC's started having the same issues (with anything Google/Gmail, Discord not uploading & Dropbox syncing forever) when the issues started with the main work PC.. the 3 PC's are not on the same network/ISP, etc.. or linked in anyway.. this is what is most baffling to me.. how does issues on one PC not linked with two other PC's affect the other two PC's??

when my wife signs into her Google accounts using my PC, she has NO issues.. her Dropbox works fine.. she doesn't have a Discord account so I can't comment on that..

can it be somehow this issue is linked to my accounts??!

Status
Not open for further replies.