Google Exec Wael Ghonim Goes Missing in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

The government??!?!?!?

How about the proven Terrorist organizations that STARTED the rioting. Nah, just forget about them....

(Now I'm not saying the Government is perfect over there, but don't for a second think this isn't backed by the 100,000,000% EXTREEEEEEMELY violent radical of ("that" religeon"))

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Indeed Dave,
Yes, the gov't has problems, but these are not your average protesters who just want the best for the people. These are backed by terrorist organizations which will be just as bad if they get in power. It is simply a power struggle, it is not some battle for an ideal or better Egypt, which is something we would all love to see.

digitalw

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
It's very UGLY situation. We in Macedonia, have witnesed all wars in ex Yugoslavia and what we have learnd is that, the situation will not be as the people or sometimes goverment want, but it will be (on the end) as "the big" guys from east or west want to be.. it's all about someones interest (violent groups, like those), not the interest of people. it's very sad... let hope that everything wil be without (large) casulties and will finish soon!

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Just saying, you might want to actually check OTHER news sources than the one we already know your watching. There is more than enough FACTS known about who is behind the starting of the protests and riots. You should really inform yourself because you end up backing and defending evil people.

[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]The government??!?!?!?How about the proven Terrorist organizations that STARTED the rioting. Nah, just forget about them....(Now I'm not saying the Government is perfect over there, but don't for a second think this isn't backed by the 100,000,000% EXTREEEEEEMELY violent radical of ("that" religeon"))[/citation]
[citation][nom]caeden[/nom]Indeed Dave,Yes, the gov't has problems, but these are not your average protesters who just want the best for the people. These are backed by terrorist organizations which will be just as bad if they get in power. It is simply a power struggle, it is not some battle for an ideal or better Egypt, which is something we would all love to see.[/citation]
And, how many of these "terrorists" do you personally know, to label them as such? They are from all over Egypt, ordinary people, if you have never experienced a revolution, at least try and read something regarding that issue, before labeling everyone through your miss-informed preconceptions. I have experienced a revolution in Eastern Europe and it's a shame that people like you would label such popular uprising as "terrorism", or "terrorism-driven".

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
google lets egyptians phone in tweets -> google exec goes missing -> egypt gets its internet back.

oh and the ANC in South Africa was a proven terrorist organisation back in the day. now they're the government, go figure.

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]The government??!?!?!?How about the proven Terrorist organizations that STARTED the rioting. Nah, just forget about them....(Now I'm not saying the Government is perfect over there, but don't for a second think this isn't backed by the 100,000,000% EXTREEEEEEMELY violent radical of ("that" religeon"))[/citation]

Are you for real? Keep that islamophobic BS to yourself. What we have seen in Egypt is a general uprising. Before you tell me to go read what you call "FACTS" I suggest you double check your information with Al Jazeera, BBC, NPR and other non-ideological organizations which actually have people on the ground in Cairo.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Sorry there bub, but if that's where you are getting YOUR info - you are ONLY getting part of the story. Most of the world (except you it seems) has known that the Muslim Brotherhood is closely linked (STILL linked) to Al Queda (sp??). If you don't - don't blame me or anyone else for your lack of understanding. (What's funny is all those use listed have been PROVEN to not report all the facts - and yet you site them as "reliable")

And all those "normal" people you see out in the streets - they wouldn't even BE there unless someone had ALREADY started it. That's the same everywhere and is a well known radical technique to get "masses" of people out and rioting.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]GreatSaltedOne[/nom]I suggest you double check your information with Al Jazeera, BBC, NPR and other non-ideological organizations which actually have people on the ground in Cairo.[/citation]

Al Jazeera really? Yea they have no motivation like in the case of Palestine and Israel...

Elsapo

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]Sorry there bub, but if that's where you are getting YOUR info - you are ONLY getting part of the story. Most of the world (except you it seems) has known that the Muslim Brotherhood is closely linked (STILL linked) to Al Queda (sp??). If you don't - don't blame me or anyone else for your lack of understanding. (What's funny is all those use listed have been PROVEN to not report all the facts - and yet you site them as "reliable")And all those "normal" people you see out in the streets - they wouldn't even BE there unless someone had ALREADY started it. That's the same everywhere and is a well known radical technique to get "masses" of people out and rioting.[/citation]
Please give us an alternative source then

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
lawl i see we have fox news repeaters out in full today... bottom line cutting comunications is bad for all, i hope the google exec is ok... btu the stupidity of xenophobic morons here should be a story too... srsly read some articles on this dont' just parrot what glen beck rush limbaugh and sean hanity say

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
[citation][nom]mrmotion[/nom]Al Jazeera really? Yea they have no motivation like in the case of Palestine and Israel...[/citation]

I fail to see your point. Al Jazeera is based out of the UAE and has not been involved with the Israeli situation. What does that have to do with anything anyway?

[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]Sorry there bub, but if that's where you are getting YOUR info - you are ONLY getting part of the story. Most of the world (except you it seems) has known that the Muslim Brotherhood is closely linked (STILL linked) to Al Queda (sp??). If you don't - don't blame me or anyone else for your lack of understanding. (What's funny is all those use listed have been PROVEN to not report all the facts - and yet you site them as "reliable")[/citation]

You might want to check yourself, your crazy is showing. You seem to be privy to some kind of secret information that the rest of us are too blind to see. Just because the Muslim Brotherhood (founded as an islamist group, I know) is involved doesn't discount the many other nationalist opposition groups who are just as invested.
It is unbelievable to me that people would throw away the history of Egypt and see this only through the narrow scope of the American perspective. Egypt has a strong national identity and was the major player in pan arabism under Saddat. Try to see this event through that lens and you might see that the people are simply stronger than the whims of their dictator.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

"is involved"??!??!!?!?

So please enlighten us then, what was the "match stick" that "caused" these protests that VERY quickly turned into riots? Because check your history, things like what's happening in Egypt don't "just happen".

(and if you think they do - then you need to go back and study a LOT of history)

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]Sorry there bub, but if that's where you are getting YOUR info - you are ONLY getting part of the story. Most of the world (except you it seems) has known that the Muslim Brotherhood is closely linked (STILL linked) to Al Queda (sp??). If you don't - don't blame me or anyone else for your lack of understanding. (What's funny is all those use listed have been PROVEN to not report all the facts - and yet you site them as "reliable")And all those "normal" people you see out in the streets - they wouldn't even BE there unless someone had ALREADY started it. That's the same everywhere and is a well known radical technique to get "masses" of people out and rioting.[/citation]

The Muslim Brotherhood is only one of the groups in Egypt that is protesting against the government. And the main body of the protesters were students and regular citizens, who have already told the Muslim Brotherhood to GET STUFFED.

Labeling the whole lot of the people of Egypt who no longer wish to live under an oppressive regime as Terrorists is idiotic and ignores the fact that these people were denied freedoms to the point of wanting regime change. These people feel the elections are a sham.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Are you sure? Because who are they "demanding" be put in charge?? Oh - the LEADER of the MB.

Things that make you go....Hmmmmmmmm

Elsapo

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]Are you sure? Because who are they "demanding" be put in charge?? Oh - the LEADER of the MB. Things that make you go....Hmmmmmmmm[/citation]
The demands are that Mubarak step down, then they will Negotiate with the Vice President. Still waiting for your news source.

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]Are you sure? Because who are they "demanding" be put in charge?? Oh - the LEADER of the MB. Things that make you go....Hmmmmmmmm[/citation]

Actually they are pushing for ElBaradei, a supporter of a secular democratic Egypt. He has also been endorsed by your evil Muslim Brotherhood. That certainly goes to show their insidious intentions.

BTW, the match stick for this whole thing was the empowerment by the Tunisian revolt showing people across the arab world that their non-representative governments are vulnerable to popular uprisings. Even Jordan, which is the most progressive arab state is being affected.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Sorry but it's not my job to look up news for you. Google it. It's out there in MORE than one place.

See I already knew where you got your ideas, because I read those too. I'm not the one lacking in info. But I'm not going to do your work for you if you can't inform yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.