Google-funded Study Found Chrome to be Safest Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]laupoijasdf[/nom]no opera or safari? joke.[/citation]

They said most popular. It's usually between chrome and firefox but you can't leave internet explorer out o.o

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Read title = read article

OOh but it works!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Obviously there's little chance that the researchers were encouraged to treat Chrome more friendly! It's not like Google's money had any influence over them!

/sarcasm

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Microsoft funds a study that finds IE to be the safest browser.
Google funds a study that finds Chrome to be the safest browser.

I fund a study that finds out that I'm having chicken pad thai for lunch, also that I am the safest browser.

genjuro_x00

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Of course the study found chrome safer. It was done by Google! Bias much?! Do you really think that Google would come out and say "Well, as compared to other browsers, our was less secure and glitchy."

genjuro_x00

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]genjuro_x00[/nom]Of course the study found chrome safer. It was done by Google! Bias much?! Do you really think that Google would come out and say "Well, as compared to other browsers, our was less secure and glitchy."[/citation]

I'm sorry, I retract my statement. It was "Funded" by Google. As if that makes a difference.

G

Someone expected to see another browser on top? lol. Not because Chrome is something exceptional but it's a google test... so chrome will be on top whatever fanboys say.

Honestly I think that if Microsoft focuses a little more on the browser, Chrome would be beaten easily. Saying this because IE9 was released and was very good, then the others cought up with it and microsoft didn't care sort of.

I don't like seeing 4 different browser versions per year like Chrome and Firefox right now but I don't like seeing an update once a year or less like IE either. If there is balance all of the companies behind them would profit from it.

G

Google funds Firefox too, so therefore Mozilla is making Firefox suck on purpose to get more people to use Chrome!

tykel

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Google funds Firefox too, so therefore Mozilla is making Firefox suck on purpose to get more people to use Chrome![/citation]
Troll science 101

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I was a bit skeptical when I read "google funded". But honestly it seemed like it was fairly unbiased. They clearly gave google's safe browsing list a failing grade. They also gave Microsoft the JIT hardening win.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Yesterday, when I was using Opera, I banged my knee once, and then fell off the chair when the back gave way, and scraped my arm.

If I only knew then, what I know now, it could have been avoided.

I'm switching to Chrome before I burn my house down. Or hurt a dog.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]runswindows95[/nom]Title says it all. Of course a Google-funded study will find Chrome to be the safest. It's like having HP fund a study about printers, and the results say HP makes the best printers.[/citation]

i trust google enough that they would have the results either burried, or modify the browser to the point that its the best and re test... not just bold face lie about this.

they have more to lose than microsoft that bundle ie with the os

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
Google-funded Study Found Chrome to be Safest Browser

Google paid some people to research, and their results were in Google's favor.
Surprise!

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]rolli59[/nom]So if we get a microsoft funded study the IE9 would be safest?[/citation]
Nah. Even MS can't lie through their teeth that openly.

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]rolli59[/nom]So if we get a microsoft funded study the IE9 would be safest?[/citation]
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Nah. Even MS can't lie through their teeth that openly.[/citation]
There has already been a M$-funded study that found IE9 was the safest...

Status
Not open for further replies.