Google Invites Users to Test Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]What happened to Orkut? Another google flap comming...[/citation]
There is only one way never to fail. It is never to try something new. At the same time they never will succeed if they never try something new.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
this actually sounds pretty good to me. An easy way to consolidate all the social networking services that are popping up everywhere. That's what I look forward to, organized and less hectic.

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Another facebook+twitter?[/citation]
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]What's google wave? Another social network?[/citation]
Currently is demoed as social network, but the real thing is the set of protocols used behind the service. It is position as converge technology between e-mail, IE, HTTP, FTP, web apps like Google Docs, wiki and etc. If this thing takes off the Internet will be different tomorrow. There are concerns that "Federation" protocol used is very complex and requires real paradigm shift. Also requires the web browsers to support the latest Internet standards. Big problem with current state of IE and Microsoft.

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
An interesting note, it will be requiring users of IE 6/7/8 to install the google chrome frame plugin to limit internal development time. Hard to say how this will affect corporate adoption of the collaboration tool.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Another facebook+twitter?[/citation]
That goes well with my mantra 'the best opportunities are the ones we make for ourselves' but additionally, we can learn as much from failure as we can from success.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]WheelsOfConfusion[/nom]Think of it as email, IM, wiki, and a collaborative office suite rolled into one application. Definitely possibilities in this.[/citation]
Agreed.
Too many social networking sites gets quite confusing...
Youtube, Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, instant messengers, email... a all in one would makes things more convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.