Google Makes its Logo a Playable PAC-MAN Game

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]zomg-sigh[/nom]Its a PNG file for all those bewildered by the lack of flash. Dont you know how to read code?/shake head slowly[/citation]
Sarcasm detector? Or are you sadly just plain dumb?

KT_WASP

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I want to see Dig-Dug next!!

They can make all the voids with the monsters in them as the Google logo.. then I can start diggin and pumping monsters full of air till the explode! comon google!!

:D

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]KT_WASP[/nom]I want to see Dig-Dug next!!They can make all the voids with the monsters in them as the Google logo.. then I can start diggin and pumping monsters full of air till the explode! comon google!![/citation]
But can they make the Google logo play Crysis?

Ok, even I admit that my comment is pretty lame.

takapa

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
If you check out the Developer Tools option in Chrome, you can see it seems to be written in HTML5 and Flash (to output the sound).

The same technique is used for the HTML5 based NES emulator (see the description at the bottom of the page) as a fundamental weakness in HTML5 at the moment is its inability to generate sound programatically (which kind of kills the pure HTML5 emulation scene):

http://benfirshman.com/projects/jsnes/

takapa

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Sorry my link was blocked, just google JSNES and there is a description of the HTML5/Flash sound technique there.

jmods

Distinguished
May 3, 2008
I'm a computer tech and i had sooooo many calls today with people thinking they got a "pacman virus"! Thank You google, this made my Friday of the long weekend very enjoyable

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
As cool as this is, it still doesn't beat getting out the old 2600 and grabbing the joystick. Glad I still got mine from all those years ago.

isamuelson

Distinguished
[citation][nom]mousemonkey[/nom]You're a star![/citation]

Yup. It's now permanent! I was hoping that would happen. It would have been a shame to only keep it for two days and then throw it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.