Question Google Nest Wifi Router Remote Access

Aug 23, 2020
Hi, I am considering to buy Google Nest Wifi Router, not decided yet. This may be a hypothetical question. Assuming if I buy this router and Install home app in the phone with gmail id, password and 2fa. If someone is able to get my id, pw and possibly bypass 2fa, would they be able to install the same app successfully in their phone remotely and take control of my router? Or would it require for that person to scan the qr code from the router again to successfully login to the app?
The reason I ask this question is, I never turned on the remote access in my existing router or the older routers. This Google router to keep it opened always for remote access scares me.
Thanks in advance for your help

I never have any remote access allowed to the router. If the router has the option I tend to set them so you can not even admin them via wifi.

This is one of those how often do you actually need to access the router configuration. Once it is running you should not need to look at it again if you are lucky for years.

Aug 23, 2020
Hello bill001g, Thanks for your response. It looks like we cannot turn off
the remote access in Google Nest Wifi Router. At least if it requires the home app to scan the qr code again would give me the peace of mind in the event if someone else is able to login with my credentials. Because that scan requires for that person to be physically closer to my router. That is the part I am not clear. Thanks again.