Google Responds To Mass Phishing Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going to take to stop getting harassed with this crappy pop up ads? I thought if we created accounts and logged in we wouldn't be subjected to this crap. I'm so sick of reading an article and then screen goes black and some stupid useless ad for something nobody cares about or wants pops up and I have to scroll around to find the "X" to close it then scroll back down to try and find where I was before the crappy ad popped up and interrupted me. Stop this crap we don't need these stupid pop-up ads!

mwryder55

Distinguished
This attack was not just sent to GMail users. Our company received several e-mails with the link to Google Docs. Fortunately, our users were smart enough not to open the e-mails.

Little Dot

Prominent
May 6, 2017
I just got my accounts back they are gone again. Google Plus and Viber it's very worrisome and frustrating

randomizer

Champion
We're in real trouble when people aren't the slightest bit suspicious about requests to manage email so that they can view a document. Of course it's likely that nobody read the message in the first place.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
Yeah, Tom's is getting horrible for ads. I don't ever run adblockers, because I believe in free internet, but I'm starting to visit the site less often, because it has become a chore just to read the damn articles.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Oh, late to the party.

Well, anyway, this statement is meaningless:
"Using machine learning-based detection of spam and phishing messages, which has contributed to 99.9% accuracy in spam detection"

I could block 100% of spam, if I blocked 100% of messages? I'm tired of having to sift through my spam folders to make sure real emails (important or not) haven't been marked as spam.

Based on my own email account, it's not 99.9% accurate. Not a lot of spam makes it through, but too much stuff marked isn't actually spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS