Google Said to Be Working on 'X' Phone with Motorola

Status
Not open for further replies.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I read somewhere else that they got this thing going into production already but are having problems at the supply chain level. Hopefully I can dig up the article. All rumors and he said she said though...

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
"Google is currently struggling to meet demand for its recently-announced Nexus 4 smartphone."
This is an understatement. I wish I had more info on this Moto phone such as specs and cost.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
It had better be bloody good. If it's going to be a super phone it needs to have the super phone specs and attachments.

As in, it needs to support the most popular and highly-requested features of all popular phones in one.

For example..:

-SD Card Slots (FOR F*** SAKES ACTUALLY RELEASE PHONES WITH THESE THINGS)
-Large 2500+ mAh Battery (replaceable)
-1080P Display
-All popular wireless technologies (WiFi, BT 4.0+, 3G/4G/GSM radios, NFC Etc..)
-Camera on-par with the Asus Padfone 2 (or Lumia 920)

Just a few of the popular things people ask for all in one phone.

G

Joytech I couldn't agree more. Sd cards are still very much relevant. Why would I want to upload to Dropbox at 150KB/s and then have to download it again at varying speeds. When I can just plug my phone into a pc and send over USB? And what happens to sprint users with dial up speeds. Good luck downloading my entire Dropbox. C'mon. Who gets confused with an sd card in their phone? For real?

halcyon

Splendid
^I'm really waiting for the successor to my Note II...even if I gotta pay a dirty amount for it. I'm thinking:

3500+mAh replaceable battery
1080P+ AMOLED display
Gorilla Glass II (or better)
An even more evolved S-Pen
4GB of RAM
Another nasty-fast quad-core (or better)
SD Card
All the aforementioned wireless dohickys
A camera as good or better than the Note II's current shooter

...oh...2013 is gonna be a good year.

Motorola and Google think they can beat that?

Mark my words...I think the Note III will be looking a bit like the aforementioned.

dns7950

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
I can hardly wait to see a Nexus phone with:

5" 1080p Non-PenTile Super-AMOLED display,with a tiny bezel
Tegra 4 SOC
4GB of RAM
Camera thats on par with the Lumia 920 (Image quality wise, I don't care if it has more megapixels)
A GOOD QUALITY microphone for concert audio (once again, at least on par with the Nokia Lumia 920)
Carbon fiber case, Corning Gorilla Glass 2, Removable 3000+ mAh battery,
An SD slot
True 4G, 802.11ac WiFi, NFC, inductive charging, Bluetooth 4.0,

When a manufacturer releases an unlocked phone with these specs...

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]It had better be bloody good. If it's going to be a super phone it needs to have the super phone specs and attachments.As in, it needs to support the most popular and highly-requested features of all popular phones in one.For example..:-SD Card Slots (FOR F*** SAKES ACTUALLY RELEASE PHONES WITH THESE THINGS)-Large 2500+ mAh Battery (replaceable)-1080P Display-All popular wireless technologies (WiFi, BT 4.0+, 3G/4G/GSM radios, NFC Etc..)-Camera on-par with the Asus Padfone 2 (or Lumia 920)Just a few of the popular things people ask for all in one phone.[/citation]

I just don't see it happening. Those kind of specs are planned for the S4 which hasn't even been annouced yet. Considering Samsung makes the hardware wherease Goog and Moto don't....I doubt they could leapfrog.

hannibal

Distinguished
Hmmm... You have very nice "want to have specs" but they are unrealistic...
What normal no-brains customer wants from super phone...
- it has to be be very slim (so no chance of reasonable battery)
- it has to be simple to use (so no sd card)
- it has to have big screen and resolution (so it needs a lot of power)
- bacause of that is has to have guite good CPU and GPU (so it eats more power)

What we propably get is...
- very slim phone with 4-5" screen with reasonable high resolution
- very small not removable battery 1800-2200 mAh (so that the phone is still slim...)
- nexus (hopefully)
- two cameras with high resolution and reasonable picture... (normal no-brains people only look for camera resolution)

Not an ideal phone, but most likely what we will get... I would like my self to have much bigger battery but the rest of the world can not be wrong, so we will get another slim phone with pitifull usage time.... *sigh* just hope that this monster eats relatively small amount of power... (not likely) and it will be relatively cheap (guite possible)...

halcyon

Splendid
^Isn't the simple fact that its Android enough to suggest to OEM's that the consumer is discerning? Who told them that the public would rather have a phone be slim at the expense of a removable battery. I don't care as long as Samsung keeps doing it right. Unless they seriously learn how to mess up they'll get my $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.