Google Still Supporting Mozilla Even With Chrome's Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Honestly, I dislike bing. I don't like the way it looks and it feels slow to me. Also, the results are pretty shady. We binged something normal, and the first result gave my friend's computer a virus. It was probably an Ad, but a lot of people using Bing are going to assume that the first result is what they really want since that's kind of the way they advertise it.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
If that were to happen, the only way it would effect FF user would be in this circumstance:

Fresh format of computer -> install windows -> use IE to download FF -> Change default browser -> download ad ons. My god, what a hassle! :p

They'd be better sticking with google and we all know it.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
If a contract's in place you gotta honour it,, besides it's just fair practice, what if the door started to swing the other way again,, Mozilla would just do to Google what the would've done to them

i'm not crazy about bing, either, BUT it's cached views are a saviour to me as there are alot of sites I can't access from work for information and it's a pain in the arse to go about requesting each individual website access -- google's cached pages get blocked & bing's don't :)

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
So where is the news on the release of Opera 11.60 from yesterday?

Instead, we get BIG NEWS about BS Major revision numbers (8 now, right?) which is really 4.4.

G

chrome's lead what?? with no 100% ABP support, no no script support, no https anywhere support and no way to stop google for defaulting to give results based on geolocation??? Mozilla all the way.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Chrome's trojan-like advertising strategy and lack of great addons (as ramono said) drove me back to Firefox. I dislike Bing, but it doesn't really matter what you include, because I'll quite easily switch it back.

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I'm thinking that if Google shows goodwill toward a competitor it may have a positive effect on anti-trust negotiations. If they were to kill off their deal with Firefox and Microsoft didn't take the bait all of a sudden it could spur new anti-trust investigation. A touchy thing, these browser wars are.

nahuelcutrera

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
dude they can't add ABP support for chrome they owned every add in the web they'll be blocking themselves LOL, mozilla is google, the truth is they needed firefox to take away microsoft monopoly back in the day, now they just keep it going because they copy paste firefox make it a little better and thats chrome...

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]nahuelcutrera[/nom]dude they can't add ABP support for chrome they owned every add in the web they'll be blocking themselves LOL, mozilla is google, the truth is they needed firefox to take away microsoft monopoly back in the day, now they just keep it going because they copy paste firefox make it a little better and thats chrome...[/citation]
Oh so you're a developer and know that Firefox's code is identical to Chrome's? Thank you for sharing that information.

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.