News Google updates Chrome Incognito Mode disclaimer in wake of $5 billion data collection lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2023
to the $5 billion settlement Google agreed to pay out to aggrieved plaintiffs who discovered the company still tracked them when switching to this ‘invisible’ mode.
Aren't we all aggrieved plaintiffs, so where's our 5 billion!, never understood how the money gets distributed to who what when & where.
Follow the money & I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see who's pockets it ends up in! Looking at you Google.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Fools use Chrome as their browser.
I'll sometimes use it when using Google web services. However, I don't use those very often.

I figure that if I'm already using their web services, they're already tracking me. So, no downside. The benefits are: better compatibility and hopefully no link to my Firefox browser, as I've never signed into my Google accounts with it.

Firefox with "Ghostery" and Malware Bytes premium does a good job with websites.
Spybot "Anti-Beacon" for windows, blocks most of windows intrusions/data collection.
Also NO free cloud storage. What you upload becomes their property with the free versions.

Reactions: ivan_vy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts