Googler Offered $3.5M to Turn Down Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Its moronic if you ask me.

Call me crazy but i would want a job i like and if i got a job i like i would not want them to pay me 3.5 million while my annual income is probably already above 25x the average and half the world is turning every penny. This here is a prime example of capitalism and the 70% of us that do have to turn penny's should feel raped in the butt for using google.

Now i am not to sure about those percentages so i am going to google them now.

drsanches

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
finally they give the people who do all the technical things the money they deserve!!! the more talanted people in the industry are worth so much more than they usually are paid!!

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I tried that tactic once... wound up with out job...[/citation]

Yeah, I had heard that was a bad thing to try, cause if you're important to something that's going on they might let you think it worked. But then when it's done so are you..

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Michael Arrington writes that he was being "heavily romanced" by Facebook.

Is anyone else picturing Facebook sending cocaine and high class prostitutes to snort it off of to his door?

On a serious note I think this goes to show you how important a person can be in a corporation and that individuals can play key roles in them.
If this guy is that hard of a worker and is indeed that important then he deserves whatever he gets.

Perhaps Facebook should hire Jane to do the recruiting job for them.
She showed how persistent and charming she can be at CES.

hokkdawg

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Good for this engineer. At least he's smart enough to realize how filthy rich Google is and knows how to leverage his skills for compensation; the size of this incentive just shows him how underpaid he was. Most employees would continue on being underpaid for fear of unemployment.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
He could just get fired after he has completed whatever project he may be working on. I don't think this is a great tactic. When you inform/threaten to leave and decide later to stay because management asked you to or because you got some incentive, I believe they just want you to stay until the job is done. After that, if they have no reason to keep you they'll let you go.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]You really think Software developers just sit around watching clouds all day...?[/citation]

I doubt he's a software developer... they usually don't get paid that kind of scratch...

Status
Not open for further replies.