Google's ''X Phone'' May Be Several Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibal

Distinguished
Well if it is made by Motorola, they don't artificially keep production low like LG did...
The Nexus phone was competiting too hard with LGs own normal production... Hmm... why there are production problems with "too cheap" Nexus 4, but not similarly produced LG model that just hapen to cost 40-50% more... Just wondering...

Joshua Below

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I could imagine a phone that can be upgraded with a new SoC every year or so would be quite amazing if large companies like this can get behind the idea. I also would be so thrilled if they added a QWERTY option!!!!! They're just not coming up with new QWERTY devices like they used to.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Google is so pathetic compared to Samsung. Android's is a pretty big boat anchor at this point. But I'm confident my boys will be able to cut the chain in the next 1.5 year or so as that's about the timeframe I expect Samsung Linux to be able to replace Google Linux.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Microsoft should have made an xPhone and sell it off the successful xBox name, with integrated xbox features. Instead, they call it "Windows Phone" which is notorious for bluescreens and viruses. Marketing fail imo. They'd have a real contender if they didn't name the phone after something with such a bad rep.

Now it looks like Google has the name they needed.

amlman

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
[citation][nom]pliskin1[/nom]4.6" screen, no go. It's too big.[/citation]
i agree.
it might be OK for some, but google should give us other options.
if compering to PCs, with standard range of 11"-17", why not range of phones of 3.5"-5"?
why allow customization of internals, and not the whole pack, e.g. battery, screen technology etc.?

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
bigger screen != bigger phone
example 1, SGS4 5.0" = SGS3 4.8", just decrease bezel.
example 2, Motorola Rzar M 4.3" is really small in physical phone dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.