[SOLVED] Gopro or Akaso?

Ewing

Reputable
Apr 15, 2020
Hi everyone. I am looking for buy a new acción camera (gopro 3 black my last camera).
I don’t know what camera buy. It’s for biking and kayak.
*Gopro Hero 6 black it’s 169.99 (renewed)
*Akaso V50 Elite 139.99
*Akaso V50 Pro 119.99

I don’t need 4k@60fps. I accept suggestions for others brands/models.

Thanks.

Solution
The gopro6 will have better audio,image stabilization and higher dynamic range. It is also waterproof without a case, but who knows if it's renewed.

Most generic action cams are the same thing rebranded, so they work good enough, audio is bad since it requires an enclosure and images with bright skies will be blown out, stabilization will also be lacking. The menu's tend to be chore as well.

Comparing generic action cams to the gopro 3 is more suitable, pretty much even the $60 variants have similar performance. The gopro will still have better image quality and dynamic range, audio will be similar when it's in the case. In general, the differences will be a bit more minor.

So, if you're coming from a gopro3, the gopro6 will be the...
The gopro6 will have better audio,image stabilization and higher dynamic range. It is also waterproof without a case, but who knows if it's renewed.

Most generic action cams are the same thing rebranded, so they work good enough, audio is bad since it requires an enclosure and images with bright skies will be blown out, stabilization will also be lacking. The menu's tend to be chore as well.

Comparing generic action cams to the gopro 3 is more suitable, pretty much even the $60 variants have similar performance. The gopro will still have better image quality and dynamic range, audio will be similar when it's in the case. In general, the differences will be a bit more minor.

So, if you're coming from a gopro3, the gopro6 will be the best option for performance and features. But if you don't want to spend too much and don't mind continuing the gopro3 experience, pretty much any $60 action cam will do.

Both akaso's are too close in price of a gopro6 black, so I'd give them a miss.

Solution