Gory Gaming: Bulletstorm Performance Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shubham1401

Distinguished
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]i enjoy the game and i am not embarrassed to admit it on my 3.33ghz core 2 duo and gtx580, it stutters a lot during some areas and level loading. even a slight CPU use by another processes make this game unplayable.[/citation]

Didn't happen with me. I have a 2.66Ghz C2D and 9800GT. And I played the whole game with ~45Fps at 1600X900 medium settings.
:)

yyrkoon

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]The next time how about installing a game on a solid state drive and a hard disk drive so we can find out about any differences in game play.[/citation]

Where have you been for the last decade? It would only effect level loading.

haplo602

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
why are the pictures and descriptions on the cards backwards ? I mean firs the image than the description ? since we are scrolling DOWN normaly, it's the wrong way around.

hannibal

Distinguished
The thing that "Epic is serious about multithreading" is good thing to see! We have had so long time 4 to 6 core CPUs, that it has been a shame that those cores had not been supported in games so far. This is very promising indeed!

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I had no interest in buying this game, but I read the review to see if it my change my mind. Sadly it won't. I already am into too many games and I just can't seem to beat CS:S, so when I've run out of Witcher sequels and Portals, I'll only have Battlefields and Diablos to conquer, before I become a full time farmer (as a in-game career) in Skyrim. Sorry about your luck.

[citation][nom]shubham1401[/nom]Didn't happen with me. I have a 2.66Ghz C2D and 9800GT. And I played the whole game with ~45Fps at 1600X900 medium settings.[/citation]
i think the key there is "medium settings". Draw distance, objects on screen and physics detail have a fair impact on the CPU performance.

dimitri

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]i enjoy the game and i am not embarrassed to admit it on my 3.33ghz core 2 duo and gtx580, it stutters a lot during some areas and level loading. even a slight CPU use by another processes make this game unplayable.[/citation]
I had exactly the same problem; You need to edit some configuration file and set bSmoothFrameRate and bEnableMouseSmoothing to "false.". You can find more specific instructions online.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Needs all the CPU power it can get and minimal graphics.....another successful console port!

I say that, but I have generally really enjoyed all the UE3 games I have played so far and play UT3 more than anything else online haha

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Your GPU must be so badly choked... I had a Q6600 and it wasnt enough to run a GTX 470 at full speed. Do you have a GPU monitor to see the core % usage? It is probably stuck under 80% if not lower.

G

Kevith's right - it sits somewhere between an ad for MSI and an ad for Bulletstorm. Journalism at its (less then) finest.

Here's a FPS I might actually enjoy; it looks not all that difficult, and should run maxed on my primary system.

Question about CPU performance: How does a hyperthreaded dual core (e.g. an i5/650) compare to a true quad?

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Works fine on my Q6600 and MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II OC. I did notice a rare stutter every now and again but it wasn't enough that it bothered gameplay.

I may go back and see what settings I had and try an experiment or two, I know I had at least 1680x1050 and I always set everything to high, not sure if I had 4xAA on or not, most likely did.

The stutters were probably because I was crunching WCG cancer units in the background. The CPU is OC'd to 3GHz. I did like the game, it made me laugh pretty hard at times. The creative kills is what made me finish the game to the end.

I wish I had it to test on my q6600 and 570. I didn't care much for the demo so that influenced my choice not to purchase.

Does that 1680x1050 (most common resolution) glitch and encrypted config files a part of anti-piracy attempts that hurt everyone?

I wish I had purchased the MSI 570 instead of the PNY card, but I had to get what I got on BB credit =/

bamslang2

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I have XFX ATI 4870 x 2, Intel E 965 quad, 6 gig crucial ballistic, 2 raptors running raid 0, ASUS rampage 2 extreme, Windows 7. I bought BS as soon as it came out no issues ever. I also run Crysis 2 without any issues (my system is a little overclocked). I have yet to have a game justify and upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.