Got a problem with my back catalogue

MythicalSnake

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
I still have many unplayed games on my Xbox 360 (some are on PC, should I buy them again on PC). But, the thing is, I'm used to 1080p 60fps thanks to PC gaming.
Should I still play through the backlog on my Xbox 360? Or maybe buy them again and play the superior version?

Solution
Well it's only a waste of money if you don't care about those games you are buying at all, but when you play a game and you love it you'll sure want to remember about this game somehow and it doesn't really matter if it's on a console or PC to be more precise, but as a PC gamer myself I wouldn't mind that much on buying the games I love again if I'm able to run them on superior quality then I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try it out and get the nostalgia feeling kicking back in. Also as for PC you don't have to buy all of those games full price, most of the games you've said are what? 4+ years old so when a good Steam sale or Big Sale Season comes in you can pretty much get all of those games for the price you've paid before in only one...

FabioXN7

Respectable
Jul 18, 2017
If your PC is capable enough of running those same titles that were released both on PC and Xbox but you only have the game on Xbox, then yes Buy the PC port for superior quality and resolution. If you have unplayed games that are exclusive for Xbox, then just play then on your Xbox like Gears of War 2,3... Halo 3 etc etc. But nothing stops you from getting the PC version of those games that you already played before on Xbox as well.. I just did with GTA V and IV, and yeah couldn't regret myself

MythicalSnake

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

Gotcha. But I always have that feeling like I'm wasting money by buying the PC version of certain games, even though I can run them at 60fps (Deus Ex Human Revolution, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Mafia II just to name a few).

FabioXN7

Respectable
Jul 18, 2017
Well it's only a waste of money if you don't care about those games you are buying at all, but when you play a game and you love it you'll sure want to remember about this game somehow and it doesn't really matter if it's on a console or PC to be more precise, but as a PC gamer myself I wouldn't mind that much on buying the games I love again if I'm able to run them on superior quality then I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try it out and get the nostalgia feeling kicking back in. Also as for PC you don't have to buy all of those games full price, most of the games you've said are what? 4+ years old so when a good Steam sale or Big Sale Season comes in you can pretty much get all of those games for the price you've paid before in only one Xbox title. So yep not a waste of money at all. :)

Solution

I agree. It might not be ideal to buy them when they're not on a special sale, but if you wait for a big Steam sale, you can likely get a bunch of them for a fraction of the cost, and perhaps pick up the special edition bundles containing all of their DLC as well. Just make sure you play them, so they don't end up in your Steam backlog as well. : P

MythicalSnake

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

I'll keep that in mind, thank you! ;)