[SOLVED] Got a problem with reading SDHC cards via USB adapter for SD cards

LunkerHead

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

I have a Nikon camera that uses SDHC cards that Windows will not read now. It was reading a SDHC card via a USB adapter about a year ago but now it won't read it. It' reads regular SD cards via USB just fine. I looked everywhere for some kind of generic Windows 7 SDHC card reader but no luck. Windows will read the SD card via the USB adapter and sees it as a USB mass storage device. I went to Device Manger/USB Serial Bus Controllers/USB Mass storage Device and uninstalled USB Mass Storage Device then rebooted with no luck. I have no idea if this is a USB controller problem or a SD Card reader problem where to get the Windows drivers for them. Anyone one got any ideas? I gotta solve this. I got no way to pull these images off this card except through the "snapbridge" app (from Nikon) to my iphone which sucks. Then I have to email huge image files to my PC which sucks again.

PrinceTexasLoaf

Respectable
Sep 28, 2018
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

I have a Nikon camera that uses SDHC cards that Windows will not read now. It was reading a SDHC card via a USB adapter about a year ago but now it won't read it. It' reads regular SD cards via USB just fine. I looked everywhere for some kind of generic Windows 7 SDHC card reader but no luck. Windows will read the SD card via the USB adapter and sees it as a USB mass storage device. I went to Device Manger/USB Serial Bus Controllers/USB Mass storage Device and uninstalled USB Mass Storage Device then rebooted with no luck. I have no idea if this is a USB controller problem or a SD Card reader problem where to get the Windows drivers for them. Anyone one got any ideas? I gotta solve this. I got no way to pull these images off this card except through the "snapbridge" app (from Nikon) to my iphone which sucks. Then I have to email huge image files to my PC which sucks again.
I made a video helping somebody out a while ago with drivers, and to your luck and mine it should still apply here.
View: https://youtu.be/Y_cEqEEL1Ls

Just find
the reader., it should be named what it's named in device manager and then update it then restart windows once it's complete.

PrinceTexasLoaf

Respectable
Sep 28, 2018
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

I made a video helping somebody out a while ago with drivers, and to your luck and mine it should still apply here.
View: https://youtu.be/Y_cEqEEL1Ls

Just find
the reader., it should be named what it's named in device manager and then update it then restart windows once it's complete.

ASK THE COMMUNITY