[SOLVED] Got a problem with reading SDHC cards via USB adapter for SD cards

LunkerHead

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

I have a Nikon camera that uses SDHC cards that Windows will not read now. It was reading a SDHC card via a USB adapter about a year ago but now it won't read it. It' reads regular SD cards via USB just fine. I looked everywhere for some kind of generic Windows 7 SDHC card reader but no luck. Windows will read the SD card via the USB adapter and sees it as a USB mass storage device. I went to Device Manger/USB Serial Bus Controllers/USB Mass storage Device and uninstalled USB Mass Storage Device then rebooted with no luck. I have no idea if this is a USB controller problem or a SD Card reader problem where to get the Windows drivers for them. Anyone one got any ideas? I gotta solve this. I got no way to pull these images off this card except through the "snapbridge" app (from Nikon) to my iphone which sucks. Then I have to email huge image files to my PC which sucks again.

Solution
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

I have a Nikon camera that uses SDHC cards that Windows will not read now. It was reading a SDHC card via a USB adapter about a year ago but now it won't read it. It' reads regular SD cards via USB just fine. I looked everywhere for some kind of generic Windows 7 SDHC card reader but no luck. Windows will read the SD card via the USB adapter and sees it as a USB mass storage device. I went to Device Manger/USB Serial Bus Controllers/USB Mass storage Device and uninstalled USB Mass Storage Device then rebooted with no luck. I have no idea if this is a USB controller problem or a SD Card reader problem where to get the Windows drivers for them. Anyone one got any ideas? I gotta solve this. I got no way...
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

I have a Nikon camera that uses SDHC cards that Windows will not read now. It was reading a SDHC card via a USB adapter about a year ago but now it won't read it. It' reads regular SD cards via USB just fine. I looked everywhere for some kind of generic Windows 7 SDHC card reader but no luck. Windows will read the SD card via the USB adapter and sees it as a USB mass storage device. I went to Device Manger/USB Serial Bus Controllers/USB Mass storage Device and uninstalled USB Mass Storage Device then rebooted with no luck. I have no idea if this is a USB controller problem or a SD Card reader problem where to get the Windows drivers for them. Anyone one got any ideas? I gotta solve this. I got no way to pull these images off this card except through the "snapbridge" app (from Nikon) to my iphone which sucks. Then I have to email huge image files to my PC which sucks again.
I made a video helping somebody out a while ago with drivers, and to your luck and mine it should still apply here.
View: https://youtu.be/Y_cEqEEL1Ls

Just find
the reader., it should be named what it's named in device manager and then update it then restart windows once it's complete.

Solution