Question Got an unkown device attached to my physical Lan and can't find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2019
While reviewing my linksys router setting and looking at the attached devices, I found the following device attached to my physical LAN: amazon-2160cf670, 00:01:5C:96:08:46, 192.168.1.122, LAN
The only device plugged into my router is my computer, everything else is wireless.
This address or device name doesn't show up in my DHCP table. I have mac filtering turn on, but this is a LAN device, not a Wifi device, so it wouldn't be affected.
I can't ping the address either, and I have no Amazon services or programs install.
I do have a wireless Amazon TV stick and its mac address in the Mac Filtering table and shows up in on the network map.
The mac address belongs to a company named: Cadant Inc. not Amazon.
I decided to turn on parental controls and block this device from accessing the Internet for now, but I'd like to get rid of it permanently.
Anyone have any idea of what this device is on how it is showing up on my network?

Thanks,
Rick

While reviewing my linksys router setting and looking at the attached devices, I found the following device attached to my physical LAN: amazon-2160cf670, 00:01:5C:96:08:46, 192.168.1.122, LAN
The only device plugged into my router is my computer, everything else is wireless.
This address or device name doesn't show up in my DHCP table. I have mac filtering turn on, but this is a LAN device, not a Wifi device, so it wouldn't be affected.
I can't ping the address either, and I have no Amazon services or programs install.
I do have a wireless Amazon TV stick and its mac address in the Mac Filtering table and shows up in on the network map.
The mac address belongs to a company named: Cadant Inc. not Amazon.
I decided to turn on parental controls and block this device from accessing the Internet for now, but I'd like to get rid of it permanently.
Anyone have any idea of what this device is on how it is showing up on my network?

Thanks,
Rick
Doiwnload and install Fing (Android) They usually classify what these devices are accurately. But chances are it's Alexa (Echo/Echo Dot/Echo Show/Echo Spot etc...) It couid also be a fire tablet. Do you have any semi-smart devices? Robot Dog? Robotic Vacuum? Lightbulb? Wireless speakers? Smart outlet? Switch? AP? Range extender?

You can start to classify the MACs by number. I have a complete list of mine. You get one for each ethernet connection, and each radio. So if you computer has 5GHz, 2.4GHz and Ethernet, you'll get 3 MACs for it. The cable modem has a MAC and so does the router (3 MACs if it supports both 5GHz and 2.4GHz + switch)

Status
Not open for further replies.