[SOLVED] Got shuttering when scrolling and zooming some software such as ms word, ms excel, adobe illustrator after adding RAM 8GB 3200MHz on Ryzen 5 3500u

Nov 23, 2021
I have aspire 3 a314-22.
My laptop's spec :
Ryzen 5 3500u, Micron 4gb 3200MHz DDR4 RAM soldered, vega 8

I've just upgraded my laptop's ram with added 8GB RAM 3200MHz. I know that ryzen 5 3500u is only support freq 2400MHz, but my default laptop's RAM has 3200MHz. So, i decided to add 8GB 3200MHz RAM by Crucial.
After I upgraded my RAM, i got shuttering when scrolling and zooming some software such as ms word, ms excel, adobe illustrator, pdf reader.

My question is:
What does happen with my laptop? Is the issue caused by ryzen 5 3500u can't support 3200? or my laptop can't handle dual 3200MHz? or how?
I've also change the brand ram from crucial to kingston, but the issue hasn't gone away.
Thank you guys.

Solution
In which case you either need to find RAM with the exact same timings as the soldered RAM, or accept the stuttering.

The clock speed is important, but not as important as the CL timings.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Seems like maybe the ram is running at slightly different timings? Ideally you would have two identical 4gb or 8gb modules in the laptop. Mixing and matching different capacity and speed modules might cause odd results in and AMD laptop, since AMD CPUs are very sensitive to RAM timings.

Nov 23, 2021
Seems like maybe the ram is running at slightly different timings? Ideally you would have two identical 4gb or 8gb modules in the laptop. Mixing and matching different capacity and speed modules might cause odd results in and AMD laptop, since AMD CPUs are very sensitive to RAM timings.

Thanks for your answer sir.
I don't know is the timing of ram are same or no, but the speed is same 3200MHz. If I look at CPUz the ram that i used is run in dual channel mode.

Do you have any solution for my laptop besides I remove my 8GB RAM?

Nov 23, 2021
In which case you either need to find RAM with the exact same timings as the soldered RAM, or accept the stuttering.

The clock speed is important, but not as important as the CL timings.
I've just checked the CL about each my RAMs. Each RAMs have same CL sir that is 22.
My 8gb ram crucial is 22 CL and the 4gb micron is 22CL. But, if I check with CPUz in Memory Tab, The dual RAM work on17 CL in this system.
Is the issue is also from CL?

I have aspire 3 a314-22.
My laptop's spec :
Ryzen 5 3500u, Micron 4gb 3200MHz DDR4 RAM soldered, vega 8

I've just upgraded my laptop's ram with added 8GB RAM 3200MHz. I know that ryzen 5 3500u is only support freq 2400MHz, but my default laptop's RAM has 3200MHz. So, i decided to add 8GB 3200MHz RAM by Crucial.
After I upgraded my RAM, i got shuttering when scrolling and zooming some software such as ms word, ms excel, adobe illustrator, pdf reader.

My question is:
What does happen with my laptop? Is the issue caused by ryzen 5 3500u can't support 3200? or my laptop can't handle dual 3200MHz? or how?
I've also change the brand ram from crucial to kingston, but the issue hasn't gone away.
Thank you guys.
Got the proper bios and chipset driver?
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/8402?b=1