GPO Software installation fails

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I have set up a GPO to install some software packages on domain machines. THe
GPO is assigned to computers in the OU and the share resides on a server in a
different OU, but in the same site (they are also on the same subnet). My
problem is this: When I update the policy on the target computer, it applies
the policy, but when I reboot and the GPO tries to install the software the
server does not allow the computer account access to the share. I have set
up permissions on the share and in NTFS so that Authenticated users have RX
in NTFS and Everyone has Full Control on the share. I'm getting a sucess
audit for the computer logon to the server, but access to the share is being
denied. I have also tried adding Domain Computers to the share and NTFS
permissions. I have even gone as far as allowing Everyone Full Control of the
share AND NTFS (for testing purposes ONLY), but I am still unable to install
the software via GPO.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Have you looked on the workstations to see if there are any event ids? Have
you looked on the workstations using GPOTool or GPRESULT or similar to see
what is happening?

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up a GPO to install some software packages on domain machines.
>THe
> GPO is assigned to computers in the OU and the share resides on a server
> in a
> different OU, but in the same site (they are also on the same subnet). My
> problem is this: When I update the policy on the target computer, it
> applies
> the policy, but when I reboot and the GPO tries to install the software
> the
> server does not allow the computer account access to the share. I have
> set
> up permissions on the share and in NTFS so that Authenticated users have
> RX
> in NTFS and Everyone has Full Control on the share. I'm getting a sucess
> audit for the computer logon to the server, but access to the share is
> being
> denied. I have also tried adding Domain Computers to the share and NTFS
> permissions. I have even gone as far as allowing Everyone Full Control of
> the
> share AND NTFS (for testing purposes ONLY), but I am still unable to
> install
> the software via GPO.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I found the problem. IT was a local policy on the server that had to be set
to allow ananymous access to the share hosting the applications. GPO
application installs are working flawlessly now.