[SOLVED] GPU 8 pin power connector

johanzy

Prominent
Dec 9, 2018
Hey!
I currently have GTX 1050Ti and I'm gonna upgrade it to RTX 2060. I have 6 pin power connector for the 1050Ti and next to it i have 2 pin power connector which i don't use. My question is: Can I use the 6 pin power connector + 2 pin power connector to power the RTX 2060 and will everything be fine that way?

Solution
yes, that is how the connectior is designed. it is a 6-pin or an 8-pin depending on what you need at the moment. the extra 2 pins should slide into the 6-pins to make a solid 8-pin connection for the 2060 to use.

will work perfectly as designed :) by the way it is called a 6+2 pcie connection in the literature to let you know this is how it works

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yes, that is how the connectior is designed. it is a 6-pin or an 8-pin depending on what you need at the moment. the extra 2 pins should slide into the 6-pins to make a solid 8-pin connection for the 2060 to use.

will work perfectly as designed :) by the way it is called a 6+2 pcie connection in the literature to let you know this is how it works

Reactions: johanzy
Solution

johanzy

Prominent
Dec 9, 2018
yes, that is how the connectior is designed. it is a 6-pin or an 8-pin depending on what you need at the moment. the extra 2 pins should slide into the 6-pins to make a solid 8-pin connection for the 1060 to use.

Thanks!