Question GPU and Memory ?

Clariska

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2012
Good Day everyone.

Question 1: I have a weird problem when playing games, my GPU will uninstall itself. It does not happen in all games. I tried on NFS Heat and Last Epoch, both will uninstall GPU. It's an AMD Sapphire RX470 4GB Blower design. What I did try was. Disable GPU auto update. I ran it stock and it would run 83c, so I thought It might be a heat problem. Undervolted and custom fan curve got it down to 69c and it still does that. I downloaded a Driver from 2020 to see if this still happens. Wolcen Lords of Mayhem used to do it as well. I limit fps to 30fps and it ran fine for the last day ( fingers crossed )

Question 2: I always believed in 16GB ram but when I got this 3rd gen I5 ( which is running my RX470 ) for my work pc. I need the GPU for Unity. Now My memory runs as follows 2x8gb and 2x4gb. The 8gb is the same brand and the 4gb is the same brand. I benchmarked memory before but I just do not have the time at the moment. Now the 2 x 8GB can OC up to 2133MHZ so it makes it 16 GB. My 4GB does not run on anything higher than 1600MHZ. Now which is better? 16GB 2133MHZ or 24GB 1600MHZ?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
There's virtually no observable benefit in most programs running RAM at 2133MT/s instead of 1600MT/s. What's more important is having more memory instead of less.

Configure the machine for 1600MT/s, boot MemTest86+ from USB, run a full set of tests and if no errors are reported, you can use all 24GB available.

Good Day everyone.

Question 1: I have a weird problem when playing games, my GPU will uninstall itself. It does not happen in all games. I tried on NFS Heat and Last Epoch, both will uninstall GPU. It's an AMD Sapphire RX470 4GB Blower design. What I did try was. Disable GPU auto update. I ran it stock and it would run 83c, so I thought It might be a heat problem. Undervolted and custom fan curve got it down to 69c and it still does that. I downloaded a Driver from 2020 to see if this still happens. Wolcen Lords of Mayhem used to do it as well. I limit fps to 30fps and it ran fine for the last day ( fingers crossed )

Question 2: I always believed in 16GB ram but when I got this 3rd gen I5 ( which is running my RX470 ) for my work pc. I need the GPU for Unity. Now My memory runs as follows 2x8gb and 2x4gb. The 8gb is the same brand and the 4gb is the same brand. I benchmarked memory before but I just do not have the time at the moment. Now the 2 x 8GB can OC up to 2133MHZ so it makes it 16 GB. My 4GB does not run on anything higher than 1600MHZ. Now which is better? 16GB 2133MHZ or 24GB 1600MHZ?
Do you need more than 16GB of ram?

TRENDING THREADS