Question GPU Black screens 5 minutes after boot, in Windows and BIOS both

Mar 1, 2020
So I have a Gigabyte r9 390 which was just sitting there for an year, since I went to an out of state college and didn't bring my PC, I got back during a break and wanted to test the PC out.

Unfortunately, at the first boot windows was very laggy, like dll errors and eventual crashes. I thought I would clean install, but 2 minutes in the installer and the screen goes black. Then I tried going into the BIOS, but same thing, it goes black after 5-10 minutes.

Maybe the card was overheating, or any VRM or VRAM component was busted, so I opened the card and checked. Most of it was clean and nothing seemed out of place. The GPU Dye was getting hot for idle, but I didn't have the tools to measure how hot, but I was touchable. No VRM or the VRAM were getting hot enough to concern me.

I don't know what happened to it, since it was not used long enoug I don't think the GPU can break, and before that it played perfectly fine at highest temps being 80°C in DOOM 2016. I'll replace the thermal paste and the pads and try again, but I doubt it will work.

Integrated Graphics work. One thing I noticed is that the PC shuts down when I insert anything in the back USB ports, but after I turn it back in it works fine with the component in the port.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please pass on the rest of your specs? Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Some things you can do in the interim period is see if the system powers up without a discrete GPU(provided you have an iGPU to work with).

Mar 1, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please pass on the rest of your specs? Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Some things you can do in the interim period is see if the system powers up without a discrete GPU(provided you have an iGPU to work with).

Oh Sorry!

CPU: i74770K
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390.
Motherboards; Intel DH87MC
RAM: 8GB DDR3
SSD: Corsair Force 120 GB
PSU: COOLER MASYER 625 W generic
CHASIS: NZXT S340 Elite

IGPU works and boots, but system shuts down when inserting a USB.