GPU broke my PC

Noah Stover

Reputable
May 9, 2014
My friends computer recently broke. He called msi, his gpu manufacturer, to ask if he could send his gpu back. They told him to test the gpu in another computer. The weekafter he called msi, he came over to my house and I installed his possibly broken gpu in to my PC. My pc would not post. I currently do not have a speaker so im not certain about it posting. We took the gpu out and I reinstalled my gpu. My PC would still not post. I am wondering if anyone has a clue as to what would be the problem in my PC because i want to replace the parts as soon as possible.

Noah Stover

Reputable
May 9, 2014
Off brans psu from ibuypower. Amd 8320, gigabyte motherboard, gigabyte 650 Ti Boost, seagate 3 tb hdd, 8 gb g.skill ripjaws ram. I do not think any of my parts would have failed because it was working the minute before we took apart our pc's. But when we put it back together, it didnt work. The lights would flicker, the fans sounded a bit weird, as if they sped up then slowed down a lot, and the hard rive would run. If no one has a solution, would you know if a staticked mobo would kill a cpu. That is one part i dont want to replace?

TRENDING THREADS