[SOLVED] GPU Card Error 43

Jun 30, 2021
Hello guys.

I have a GTX 560ti GPU, which was performing really well despite its age until now.

So my problem is that I started loading up a game and the GPU driver crashed. And in the Device Manager it says that it has a Error Code 43.

I tried to reinstall the GPU driver in safe mode with DDU, installing an older driver and cleaning the card but nothing really helped.

And with the today’s prices I can’t really afford to buy a new GPU so I’m hoping that someone can help me here.
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
You must replace your previous PSU first.

Actually, the above Error code 43 can be reported anytime when Windows does not recognize a device – whether it's a USB port, Hard drive, video card/GPU, or any other piece of hardware connected to the computer. Most of the time, error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, and/or outdated (so Windows has problems communicating properly with the hardware), or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.

This error code points out that the Hardware might be defective, which is the GPU. But before we jump to any conclusion, check the card on some other PC as well. What's the make/model number of your MOBO ? Can you properly boot your...
Jun 30, 2021
Did you replace the PSU since your last thread? On that note, are you still working with the same system? If things have changed since then, please list the specs to your build with the changes. OS version(not edition) at the time of writing if you're yet on Windows 10?
No I didn’t replaced it yet.
But I did a fresh Windows install because I bought a new SSD.
My current OS version is 21H1.

You must replace your previous PSU first.

Actually, the above Error code 43 can be reported anytime when Windows does not recognize a device – whether it's a USB port, Hard drive, video card/GPU, or any other piece of hardware connected to the computer. Most of the time, error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, and/or outdated (so Windows has problems communicating properly with the hardware), or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.

This error code points out that the Hardware might be defective, which is the GPU. But before we jump to any conclusion, check the card on some other PC as well. What's the make/model number of your MOBO ? Can you properly boot your current system/OS, by using the 'Integrated Graphics processor' of your current Motherboard, assuming your board supports it ? Do you still get the same problem ? And, what about safe mode ?

Your GPU might also be faulty, but before we jump on any conclusion, can you TEST the Video card on some other PC ? Also, are you on a clean Windows OS install ? If not, then try doing a clean format of your SSD/HDD, if need be. Clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default. Also, list FULL PC specs.

Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager. If you encounter this error with your graphics card, here are some troubleshooting ideas that may help fix it.

1) Update your graphics card driver. Do a CLEAN re-install by using the DDU tool. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

2) Make sure your system is updated with the latest BIOS and Windows updates

3) Check to make sure your system power supply meets the minimum recommended power requirement for your card, and it is of high quality as well.

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is plugged into the card

5) Replace the graphics card as it may be defective

Code 43 can mostly happens either if drivers fail or the hardware fails. Other option is that your GPU or motherboard slot failed. If your motherboard has more then one PCIe x16 slot, you can move GPU to another slot to rule out motherboard failure. Or you should test GPU in another machine to confirm that problem lies in the card.

Solution