Question GPU clock bug

Feb 27, 2023
Hello.
My gpu clock increases even at idle. They are well-defined cycles of 1 minute each.
What could be causing this?
OiigTa8.png

Pìchau Gaming Nidus 500W

Is that a Brazilian PSU brand/company ? I have not heard much about this brand though. Can you test your GPU using some other PSU unit ? This PSU can also be the culprit here (though others can correct me if I'm wrong for my ignorance), but I'm not 100% sure since according to this review from TPU, the unit is still a decent one, okay-ish.

Pichau Gaming Nidus 500 W Review | TechPowerUp

But I would still avoid using this particular PSU model at least on any GAMING PC. Can you upgrade to some other high quality PSU model ? Or maybe borrow one unit from your friend if possible ? Have you played any games on this GPU ?

But before that, try doing a CLEAN re-install and update of the GPU drivers. Use this
DDU tool to completely remove all previous GPU parameters/entries. After doing this once again check the GPU clock speeds when your system is in Idle mode. Are you running any background tasks by any chance when your PC is in idle mode ?

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.6.0 (guru3d.com)

But nonetheless, this particular PSU brand is not very commonly used in gaming rigs, as far as I'm concerned, and this is the first time I'm hearing about this brand. Even some of the PSU TIER lists don't mention this PSU model's name. :unsure:

But maybe other Forum members out here might have a better idea or a solution for your current problem.

Feb 27, 2023
Is that a Brazilian PSU brand/company ? I have not heard much about this brand though. Can you test your GPU using some other PSU unit ? This PSU can also be the culprit here (though others can correct me if I'm wrong for my ignorance), but I'm not 100% sure since according to this review from TPU, the unit is still a decent one, okay-ish.

Pichau Gaming Nidus 500 W Review | TechPowerUp

But I would still avoid using this particular PSU model at least on any GAMING PC. Can you upgrade to some other high quality PSU model ? Or maybe borrow one unit from your friend if possible ? Have you played any games on this GPU ?

But before that, try doing a CLEAN re-install and update of the GPU drivers. Use this
DDU tool to completely remove all previous GPU parameters/entries. After doing this once again check the GPU clock speeds when your system is in Idle mode. Are you running any background tasks by any chance when your PC is in idle mode ?

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.6.0 (guru3d.com)

But nonetheless, this particular PSU brand is not very commonly used in gaming rigs, as far as I'm concerned, and this is the first time I'm hearing about this brand. Even some of the PSU TIER lists don't mention this PSU model's name. :unsure:

But maybe other Forum members out here might have a better idea or a solution for your current problem.
Thanks for answering. This happened recently, before that it was normal with the same configuration. I tried to reinstall the driver and put an older one that I had saved, it didn't work. I'm going to try to do some tests at a friend's house.